Author Topic: E.S.F. Surveyor build  (Read 36925 times)

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
Re: E.S.F. Surveyor build
« Reply #30 on: 23 June 2014, 06:59:20 »
Hi Dennis,

in the kit all parts are laser cut, except the parts for the roof, which are printed plastic. It was a great help that the windows werde already cut out. I will use cnc-cut window frames instead of the self adhesive ones that came with the kit. On the pics you cannot see them yet as they will be painted in silver separately.

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 24 June 2014, 03:14:19 »
Does make it nice that the windows are already cut out, it always seem to be time consuming cutting windows. Look forward to seeing more of your build. 

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 20 July 2014, 20:19:52 »
I have now completed the roof. The life raft container frames are made from plastic profile as I thought the white metal frames that came with the kit would add too much weight on the top of the roof.

The trawl winch is ready for painting. The winch will be fixed on the deck and gives a nice fit for the wheelhouse on one side and the hatch cover on the other.

Joseph Walton

« Reply #33 on: 15 August 2014, 12:31:28 »
Gentlemen,

Who can supply all necessary components and diagram to Radio Control these twin motor independently (tank drive) + Raboesch 108-001 Bowtrust + servo for the rudders?

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 15 August 2014, 14:47:52 »
Hi Joseph,
you can find all necessary components at the Deans online shop. A diagram how to wire it up can be found in the instructions that come with the kit.
Hope this helps.

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 15 August 2014, 15:11:46 »
You could also try Action Electonics which are now sold by the component shop.

They also have online diagrams of all sorts of control solutions etc.

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/wd.php

Whilst there isn't  a diagram for the ESF there are a number of twin motors with Bow THruster solutions in the list such as Smit Rotterdam that might be of help.

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 09 September 2014, 07:39:33 »
Here comes the latest update. I made the mast from carbon tubes instead of the resin parts that came with the kit. I wanted to make things as light as possible on the roof. The tubes were fixed with cyano first, then glued with epoxy and smoothed the joints with car filler.

The mast will carry a motorized radar and all the lamps and deck lights. It took me several hours to get the leads into the tubes >:D but finally it is the result that counts :)

The position and navigation lights are enlightened by mini bulbs; for the deck flood lights (5 on the main mast) I will use SMD LEDs.

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: 11 September 2014, 08:16:09 »
she is coming along very nice Arno..  ^^^  ^^^

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 22 September 2014, 07:24:34 »
I used the resin deck lights that come with the kit and put SMD-LEDs inside. I drilled a hole into the clear resin parts and glued the LED in with epoxy. After having done the paint job I made the front glass from clear plastic scrap. I had to paint it three times with black as the light shone through. But at last it works perfectly well. The lights will be installed on the main mast later.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: 22 September 2014, 11:11:21 »
Hi Arno
those lights are going to be very a nice feature, nicely done  ^^^ ^^^

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 22 September 2014, 19:38:09 »
Hi Joe,

thanks for your kind words! I like that part of the build very much. Having completed the hull and the superstructure adding all the details and fittings really brings life to the model. And the E.S.F. Surveyor has a lot of interesting details. My set of pics of the original is a great help and gives the opportunity to add some self-made bits.

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 01 December 2014, 07:57:40 »
Here comes the latest update. The Effer crane is a kit of the Deans range made by Italeri (plastic kit). It is turnable (left-right and up and down, even the length telescope). At first I wanted to make it moveable by radio command but that is beyond my skill level.

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #42 on: 01 December 2014, 11:46:52 »
 ^^^ Very nice Arno, she is looking good.

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 05 March 2015, 07:03:48 »
Some more pics after having done the paint job.....

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #44 on: 05 March 2015, 11:06:38 »
A great built Arno, she looks great and I just love the detail you have put on her.  Well done a fine build.  Very nice indeed.  ^^^ :)