Author Topic: Motor, Couplings & Brass Prop Recommendations  (Read 9283 times)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Motor, Couplings & Brass Prop Recommendations
« on: 07 October 2011, 18:16:42 »
here is a list of Motors, Couplings and Brass Props, that Deansmarine recommend for all there Kits

the file has been saved as a PDF which can only be read by the Adobe Reader (you can download it here)

Offline Jeremy

• Lieutenant
Re: Motor, Couplings & Brass Prop Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2011, 16:04:24 »
I think there may be some errors on this list ???. Have just got back from the Warwick show with a 162-07 prop for my Lady of Wroxham only to find that it is M2 and not M4 as required. Will have to contact the factory to swap for the right one ::DD

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2011, 18:48:50 »
sorry to hear that Jeremy... i think the Workshops will have to send me a new list..   >:D

Offline Jeremy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2011, 16:59:14 »
 Ill contact them on Monday. The ones that I bought for the Showgirl are fine although as Ron suggested Ill have to make a cutout in the back of the rudders as they are very pointed.

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2011, 19:12:48 »
the list has been updated, and should show the correct Prop for the Lady beale and wroxham

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2013, 22:20:30 »
Colin

The link document of recommendations shows 2xKyte for the SY Medea.  I am assuming this should read 1 Kyte as my understanding is she is a single steam shaft?  Only reason I ask is I am thinking of her as a build.

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2013, 06:12:22 »
i would assume the same.... i just publish the documentation that i receive, wether the documentation is correct i have no idea.

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2013, 20:11:21 »
No problem.  Thanks for the response Colin.  I will go with the assumption it is a single and if  it ain't well I will just have to buy a second motor!!!  Have decided that it will be my next build once I finish the two non deans being finished off right now as it has a lot of history and is very classy and elegant and a little different from a lot of other offerings.  And of course my last three builds have been non Deans so I need to stop the withdrawal symptoms of feeling that I am neglecting my Deans Builds!! I did walk past her on holiday 15 years back in San Diego but never thought of going on and taking a long roll of film - hindsight is a marvellous thing isn't it?

Offline shipmate60

• Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2023, 07:50:30 »
Thank You