Author Topic: Wacht am Rhein  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Fred Ellis

• Able Seaman
Wacht am Rhein
« on: 12 July 2021, 16:45:33 »
Good Day One and All
I got my Wacht am Rhein kit from Ron back in 1996 at a Southend - on - Sea Model Boat Club event, I then put her away until a rainy day, that day came along when we started the lock down, so over a period of some eighteen months I worked on making her.
Due to her age she is a pre Laser cut kit (not that makes any difference), I started by cutting out the outlet for shaft, then fitting said shaft along with the rudder skeg, I had no trouble as all the fixing points were clearly marked, the same can be said for the rudder, I made a platform for the motor mount - battery and ESC to sit on, I also made a frame for the decks to be fixed too, with the decks fixed I moved onto the deck housings , now this is were I made a few alterations I cladded the Housings with wood strip, replaced the port holes with brass one's and planked the raised deck area, I also replaced the prop with a brass one from Dean's.
The thing I like about these kits are that you are given a boat and you can build it as is or you can add as much detail as you which.
I have enclosed some photos of my take on the Wacht an Rhein I hope you like them, and if you do my you have a go at making her.

Fred

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
Re: Wacht am Rhein
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2021, 15:23:39 »
Handsome craft you have done an excellent job I wish you all the best with it.

Offline Fred Ellis

• Able Seaman
Re: Wacht am Rhein
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2021, 19:17:22 »
Thank you Pegasus, she was one of the eases builds and a joy to do, and a lot more fun to sail.

Fred