Author Topic: mastif  (Read 10195 times)

tugger

mastif
« on: 23 May 2008, 20:13:46 »
has anyone built a mastif lately? I am wondering if they have a problem with the mould or I just got a bad one. the hull is off center. there is more boat on one side than the other and the bullworks are higher on one side. I am hoping that it is only mine. The hobby shop I bought it in sees the problem but I have been waiting two weeks for a decision as to whether it will be replaced or not.

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: mastif
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2008, 17:55:19 »
Hello Tugger,

i buit a mastif quite some time ago, and everything was OK.

i am not to sure if you know, by the sounds of things, from your comments, you Probably dont know.

if there is something wrong with your Kit then send the part back to Deansmarine direct and you will get it replaced.

with the comments that there maybe something wrong with the Mould and it will be looked into.

regards and happy boating

tugger

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2008, 00:58:37 »
Collin, thankyou for your swift reply. I will notify the hobby shop asap. they are trying to get the company to ship the new part or a complete replacement kit to them due to the cost of shipping back and forth as I am in B.C. Canada. Unfortunately I am stuck in the middle with no boat. ah well all good things and all that. thanks again.

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2008, 13:00:38 »
Dear Tugger
 We have requested pictures to show us of your many complaints about his kit, to show us you concerns, ? it seems that this is not possible from you or the shop.
 In this case we are still awaiting the return of the kt for inspection, as always we will put it right if it is faulty, but I am afraid we cannot send another kit all the way to Canada because you THINK it is wrong, but are not willing to show us what you mean.
As this is the FIRST EVER contact we have had from you direct, we feel that the forum is not the place to bring it to or attention, an e-mail to us direct would have a little more respect.
 We await your pictures, or the return of the kit for inspection.
 Regards
 Deans Marine Technical.   

tugger

« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2008, 07:32:26 »
I meant no disrespect in any way and if I ruffled feathers I appologize. I was not sure if that was as good as the hull was or not. I thought asking others was the way to go and I found out what I needed to know. I have been trying to get an answer from the hobby shop where I bought it as he has the kit, and told me two weeks ago that he was sending you pics of the hull. I am in the dark as to what he is doing as I am out of town a lot. I will get to the bottom of this with him within the week. Once again I was not using this forum to run down the quality of your product in any way, I was simply wanting to know from someone who has built one.

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2008, 12:58:43 »
Hello Tugger,

here are two links to Customer Models of the Mastif, and neither have had the Problems that you have sugested

http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/forum1/index.php?topic=45.0

http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/forum1/index.php?topic=2.0

tugger

Re: mastif (to tech. dept
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2008, 23:15:10 »
gentlemen, after seeing the e-mail you sent to sailsnrails hobbies I see you are not on the same page regarding missing parts from the kit. At no time did I say anything about the 3 piece towing winch. I dont know where that came from. there is 1 bollard missing... there is 1 anchor missing....there are two props of the same hand....and there is an empty spot where the anchor winch is to be. these OPINIONS are based on the parts description that acompanied the kit and said to read and check before opening.
as for the hull...the washports are cut the way I wanted them to allow for wire inserts. the pannama ports are cut wrong..yes but that does not concern me as it is my mistake and is only a 30 minute fix. so am I complaining to get a new hull rather than admit I made a mistake?  NO!   the hull is off at the bow..if you hold the hull up at eye level, head on, follow the line of the bow straight up and you will see it intersects the bumper more to your right than to your left as is the case with the top of the bulwarks. I showed the hull to 4 other people and they saw the same thing. so I put the question out there...are you so arrogant that you will go to these lengths rather than admit there is a problem?

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: 27 June 2008, 15:53:49 »
Dear Sir
 We feel that this forum is not the place to air your problems, why do you not e-mail the factory direct ??
 At no time have you contacted Deans Marine over this problem, and we understand that the kit has been returned to the seller and you have been given a refund.?

tugger

« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2008, 02:14:28 »
could you please post the address. there is no *contact us* on the site. thanks

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2008, 20:16:37 »
if you open your eyes there is a contact us on our online shop and also on our normal website.
Plus there is on each Index page of each of our Websites at the Top of the page a banner like this one attached.

our contact us in the Online Shop
http://deansmarine.co.uk/shop/contact_us.php
our contact us in our normal Website:
http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/html/contact.html
pluss our address is also here on the disclamer:
http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/html/disclaimer.html

if that is not enough then i don't know???

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: 04 July 2008, 08:51:47 »
Dear "Tugger" or Mr Deer from British Columbia
 Sir.
 As we understand it you have tried to build this model and found it beyond your skills, you have butchered the hull and have tried to claim that it is faulty, the shop have refused to accept this, but have send it back to us for inspection, we find it is correct.
 The "missing" parts you are on about were in the kit when it was despached. (the packing pictures show this)
The shop have kept the kit have have given you you monies back in full a long time ago.?
You have never contacted Deans Marine at all about this kit at any time, just started slagging us off and the shop on our Forum and in your local club, as it is cleartha your are just to much of a coward to talk to us direct.
  This is the behavior we would expect from a spoilt little sulking child, all we can hope it that your fellow club members are laughing behind your back at such childish behavior.
 Deans Marine