Author Topic: My Build Of HMS Veralum  (Read 14099 times)

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
Re: My Build Of HMS Veralum
« Reply #60 on: 12 February 2022, 12:31:57 »
More detail

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 12 February 2022, 13:52:40 »
Final detail pictures

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 12 February 2022, 14:09:00 »
Build information

Sailing Weight        3.9 kilos
Motors                   2 JP 480s
Steering                 1 MG996R
Main guns               4 Tgy 180
Speed controller      Quickrun waterproof 1060 60a
Receiver                 TGY-iA6B V2 Receiver 6CH 2.4G AFHDS 2A
Transmitter             Either Turnigy TGY-i6 Mode 2 AFHDS or Turnigy Evolution Mode 2 PRO Digital AFHDS both compatable with receiver
Power                     7.4 60c 5200mAh hard case lipo Battery

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 12 February 2022, 14:38:55 »
Conclusion
                I enjoyed building HMS Verulam she was a bit more difficult than the previous HMS Solebay. However I enjoy the little challanges the biggest one was the ballast. I usually check the ballast during the build proccess however this tim I decided to ballast to the figure quoted in the online shop of 3.3kilos.. When I placed the ship in the Admiralty test tank (Bath) I hd to be quick to prevent the ship turning Turtle. Because the ship was complete I could not add ballast inside the hull I added it on the bottom of the hull and sealed it with fibre glass.
                 This proved tobe successful the ship now sits comfortably on the water with a roll from 45 degrees of  3 seconds. I am pleased with this ship and would recommend I makes an attractive model when painted in Eastern Fleet colours.
                 The next ship I will Build will be HMS Manxman , however this will need to wait a few months as I have a number of ships to fix or update for club members, mostly Electrics when you open the up its lik looking at a Plate of Spagetti. I hope pictures and Information will help others.