Author Topic: HUDSON SOUND  (Read 5107 times)

Offline beaverelm

• Able Seaman
HUDSON SOUND
« on: 14 January 2013, 12:25:56 »
Hello
 Colin thanks for informationcocerning resizing photos. Followed instructions and attatch photos. Still trying work Forum
regards John G

Offline Dennis

• Captain
Re: HUDSON SOUND
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2013, 19:29:33 »
Well done John, very nice looking ship you have there. Hope to see some pics of it on the water. ^^^

Offline beaverelm

• Able Seaman
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2013, 12:40:35 »
Thanks for comments Dennis It is going to be a static model but with removeable hatch covers, aft accomadation block and steering gear hatch it could later powered at at later date
I have tried to get it a near as possible but kit parts and drawing does not always agree with photos of actual ship.
regards John G

Offline John

• Petty Officer
  • Build One!
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2013, 01:40:40 »
Hi John, your model and this type of merchant ship look fantastic. I hope to progress to one of these for my next build. John K.

Offline beaverelm

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2013, 10:10:36 »
Hi John
Thank you for comments. If you build one let me know as there are a number of photos on web sites and a number of books with information. She was built with No 1,2 and 4 with Macgregor steel single pull hatch covers from new. No 3 had a different type of steel hatch to give larger opening by replace with old type boards and tarpalins later on. Converted to burn oil in may 1955. I reduced size of masts, derricks, vents and lifeboats because I felt what was in box was too large. Next time I get camera out I will take some more photos.
regards John G