Author Topic: Deans Maersk Anglia  (Read 11837 times)

BillW

Deans Maersk Anglia
« on: 10 November 2007, 07:42:03 »
Hi all,
I am currently building a Deans Maersk Anglia. This is a long term project as work commitments and family life often take up valuble modelling time. I managed to visit the ship back in 1998 whilst she was being loaded at Dagenham early one morning to take photos of extra detailing.
The hull is almost finished and about ready for painting, as is the bridge deck. 3 channel radio is fitted along with a bow thruster and a series of micro switches fitted to the rudder linkage which makes her very easy to manoeuvre. I am trying to incorperate some extra detailing and am also fitting working navigation and deck lights using All Components grain of rice bulbs. So for I have completed th aft mast with all the navigation and deck lights working, does look effective in the dark!!
As for the real Mearsk Anglia, She was laid up at Tilbury not long after my visit and sold in 2000 to Strait Shipping in New Zealand, renamed Kent and is now working between the north and south islands.
I will post some photos of progress as it happens and scan the photos taken in 1998 at Dagenham
Regards, Bill.

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Deans Maersk Anglia
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2007, 19:33:04 »
i am building the Lis Terkol at the moment, and as soon as she is finished i will post some Photo's
next build that is waiting on the Table is the SS Furie, a steam Tug, the Original i visited last Year in Holland, at the Steam Musium in Maassluis.
see Photo attached, i have about 10 close ups as well.
Regards
Colin

Great Dane

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2008, 09:55:15 »
Hi there
I am currently building the Anglia as well and also as a long term project due to work- and familylife.

I used to work as a mate/master on similar ships and I want to add details that I know must be there, but which is not included in the kit or the drawings.

I would be ever so thankfull if you could post or e-mail me your photos of the vessel. I have found some on the Internet but the are only exterior ones.

brgds
Soren

BJ

« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2008, 06:16:33 »
Hello there,

Well it looks that we all are in the same boot. Work and family time, so it will take a long time to build the ship and that we want to have more detailed photo from the Maersk Anglia.

I have started with the full now and hoop to finish it at the end of this year (2008). My plan is to use the model in a harbour setting with modeltruck in scale 1/87, which are being loaded on the ship. So the idea is to build the inner side of the hull and the ramp more in detail.
To help me with the construction of a more detailed setting, more photos from the deck and inside would help me a lot. I have tried to visit the Kent in New Zealand in May (was in New Plymouth for business) but she was not in port that day.

Can someone help me with more detailed photos of the Maersk Anglia?

Thanks and kind Regards

BJ. Blaauboer

BillW

« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2008, 09:40:01 »
Hi all,
I have finally had chance to start scanning and uploading photos of the Anglia which were taken in early 1998 at Dagenham.I apologise for the poor quality, they were taken in early morning light using equipment that I didn't know how to use properly (this was the age before digital) There are about another 36 photos to be scanned and added onto the site. There are some photos of poor quality which I will not add onto the site, but may contain detail that someone needs. If so, post up and I will have a look through the unpublished ones.
I hope you find these of use, let me know :)  I will post up as i add more photos to the site.

http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/rr329/Bill_W2008/Maersk%20Anglia%20detail%20photos/

Regards, Bill.

BJ

« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2008, 06:26:26 »
 Thank Bill,

Your photos are very handy for me. Especially the photos from the stern are useful for me.

Thank you for putting the photos on the side.

Kind Regards
 BJ Blaauboer
« Last Edit: 13 November 2008, 06:29:04 by BJ »

Offline cos918

• Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: 25 February 2009, 22:30:41 »
hi there found this photo of in strait shipping.

john

BillW

« Reply #7 on: 14 June 2009, 23:13:29 »
Hi all,
More photos uploaded tonight mainly of the foredeck, front of superstructure and and lifeboats. More to come including upper decks, masts and radar equipment when I get chance :-[
Regards, Bill.
http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/rr329/Bill_W2008/Maersk%20Anglia%20detail%20photos/

BillW

« Reply #8 on: 24 July 2010, 21:22:39 »
Hi all.
Finally finished scanning and uploading all photos on to Photo Bucket site. They are available to view at:

Hope they are of use.
Regards, Bill.

adrenaline

« Reply #9 on: 04 October 2010, 08:55:30 »
Hi,

thanks they are great photos and i enjoyed looking through them......they may help me decide what to build next....... ^^^

many thanks

carl

Offline BillW

• Able Seaman
« Reply #10 on: 25 October 2015, 18:27:17 »
Glad the photos were useful.
Cheers,
Bill.