Author Topic: Action Stations  (Read 11954 times)

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
Action Stations
« on: 23 February 2015, 15:07:20 »
We have a Surface Warships Association Exhibition on at Action Stations Portsmouth Dockyard on 7/8 March as usual Deans boats will be well represented, I hope to be there but my car was hit from behind while I was waiting at traffic lights >:(  last week, and is now in the hands of my insurers so not sure when it will be sorted, could even be a write off  >:D I do have a hire vehicle if I still have it then I'll be there  ^^^
Joe.

Offline minerva

• Captain
Re: Action Stations
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2015, 09:38:07 »
Morning Joe,
 Sorry to hear about the RTC, takes the shine off your day doesn't it !
I have a FIAT 500 L which is a big 5 seater. So if you need  a car I can
 take you round and pick you up.
 If you don't have the courtesy car still.
Just a thought.
Pauline

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2015, 11:06:27 »
Oh Dear Joe what a nuisance, Hope you and your family are OK and you was not hurt.  Hope that the other driver is well and truly booked and bang to wrights.   Just make sure that the insurance company do not take you for a ride on the price if the car is a write off.  Go and get the current trade value for your car from a dealer to see what they say it was valued at at the time of the accident if you were to trade it in for a replacement vehicle.  If your fully comp insurance then insist on a like for like replacement or with compensation for lost of use and vehicle value deprecation after repair.  :police:  I am sure you will then get a just result.  You learn these thinks when I was in the trade.  Paul

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2015, 17:49:20 »
Thanks for your concern, glad to say no one was hurt, even my old dog was in the back and she's fine, many thanks for your kind offer Pauline, I will bear that in mind, the repairers phoned this afternoon saying they were in negotiations with the insurers and it was border line, but as my car is in exceptional condition for the year it looks promising but being ten years old it's worth more to me than the market value as it's never given me any reason to want to change it.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2015, 14:23:31 »
Well it took two and a half weeks but all is now resolved, I got my car back this Wednesday as good as new, the insurers repair company did a first rate job on it, and it came back fully valeted, buffed and polished all over, even the wheels and tyres were cleaned, so my boats will be loaded up tonight ready for the exhibition.   :) ^^^ ^^^

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2015, 14:32:49 »
Hi Joe sorry to hear about your RTC , pleased to hear you have your car back and can make the weekend .
Just finished loading my car with 6 models , going to dockyard this afternoon as I cannot get in until eleven o clock tomorrow . We should have a good display of ww2 models . Look forward to seeing you there .

Offline minerva

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2015, 16:06:12 »
Hi Joe,
 I assume you'll be taking photos and posting them here ?
I hope you get a good footfall.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2015, 17:26:35 »
Hi Pauline, I'll remember to take photos this time, it was so busy at the Christmas show I forgot to take any  ::DD

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: 07 March 2015, 17:07:34 »
Glad to hear about the car.  Hope to see those photos too as I will not be down in your neck of the woods till the summer when I hope to see my farther and then may be visit portsmouth again then up to see my old town of Colchester and see what has changed.  Have a great show.

Offline minerva

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 10 March 2015, 10:02:30 »
Are there any photos from the Action stations display Guys ??

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: 10 March 2015, 10:19:50 »
It was an excellent show at Action Stations Portsmouth dockyard, busy most of the time and a great deal of interest and questions about the ships, The Portsmouth model boat display team were also there and put on some sailing "convoys" in the mast pond, with some very nice large scale boats, it was a WW2 themed week end so all of our ships were from that period ^^^

Joe

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: 10 March 2015, 10:20:34 »
How's that for service Pauline  ::DD

Offline minerva

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 10 March 2015, 14:25:31 »
Hi Joe,
 It looks like a bigger display than at Christmas.
As the German ships are now represented.
Well done all concerned.

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: 10 March 2015, 14:41:03 »
Hi Joe, looks very good indeed, but u can guest my next questions, any aircraft carriers?

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: 10 March 2015, 17:21:56 »
I think we only had one carrier David's USS Hornet a 1:200 Trumpeter motorised conversion, you can see her behind and to the right of my tug in the fourth photo and behind my Solebay in the seventh.:)
« Last Edit: 10 March 2015, 17:27:30 by radio joe »