Author Topic: Flower class Corvette  (Read 2185 times)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Flower class Corvette
« on: 04 May 2020, 15:49:39 »
we have received some photos to be published..
Built from the kit of the Compass Rose.. by Mr Davies..

This was a model I built some years ago for a gentleman in Scotland. One day, if I ever have the time, I would like to produce a copy of it for myself, because it is a nice little model and far more seaworthy than its size might lead a person to expect; probably a good thing, as I recall he used to sail on a rather windy loch.
One thing I intend to improve next time around is the supports to the bridge wings. Some nice miniature brass sections, both angle and rod, a simple jig and a soldering iron should produce a decent result.
The other thing I have taken to using is Victory Models Colourcoats, which are matched to RN colours researched via the public record office.
They really seem to take their research seriously. Their starting point was that by now surviving colour chips of the old linseed oil based paints will have yellowed, so they went right back to the original documentation.
So when I do Starling,  ( from your Amethyst kit )she will be in Admiralty 507a and 507c, not a generic dark and light grey.