Author Topic: Z37  (Read 92267 times)

Offline Mark

• Captain
Re: Z37
« Reply #90 on: 06 July 2009, 10:17:11 »
Hi Robin,

I converted HMS Amazon to 2.4GHz while at Kingsbury Navy day and found the range at which she worked satisfactorily actually improved. The aerials were not very scientifically laid out inside.

I also had no interference problems while on convoy duty (15 Boats on the water in convoy).

Regards

Mark

Offline hotjava

• Lt-Commander
  • I like to build things
« Reply #91 on: 06 July 2009, 15:45:39 »
Hi Robin,

Wow! 

Thanks for sharing!
Oliver

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #92 on: 06 July 2009, 17:58:55 »
there are loads of people over here that are using 2.4Ghz and they don't have any Problems at all...

wether the Radiowaves are a little different in the UK i am not to sure, but my Graupner 4014 has been to a fair few places in Europe (World Champs) over the past 16 years, i have never had any problems what so ever with my Graupner 4014 (40Mhz) radio set...

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: 07 July 2009, 13:26:16 »
Hi Colin,
I have a feeling my problems are down to a fault with either the transmitter, receiver or one of the electronic controllers. Without any test gear it is difficult to debug this fault in a deterministic way so I will have to resort to substituting items one by one from my other models.
Robin

Offline Tommydean

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #94 on: 09 September 2009, 07:17:34 »
Mark I read your post right? convoy duty? 15 ships on the water at once (most frieghters?) :o  do you have any pics of this? this sounds like great fun!! at the regatta here in Denver in June we may have five boats at once on the water.
       Tom

Offline Mark

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 10 September 2009, 07:47:17 »
Hi Tom,

I don't have any pictures of that convoy at the moment, but here is a picture of the fleet review from a previous year.

Regards

Mark

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: 02 October 2009, 15:37:36 »
As any of you who have been reading this topic will know I completed my destroyer some months ago but I have just received my copy of the November Model Boats magazine which has a very interesting article for all Z37 builders. In the "Range Finder" section Dave Wooley has featured photos and description of the Z39. Z39 was a close sister of Z37 and was handed over to the USA after the war. The US have an archive of photos of the ship 20 of which are reproduced in the magazine. I would recommend getting this magazine for anybody wanting to add detail to their model.
Robin

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #97 on: 03 October 2009, 18:16:35 »
My friend that is building a Scratch Z Class has been busy.

at present he is Building the double 3,7 cm Flak C 30

one original Photo showing the base and seats

the two other photo's are from this mans workmanship, not forgetting this is at a scale of 1:100

the second photo shows the seat for the gunners, and the last photo show the arrangement as it is so far

enjoy

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: 04 October 2009, 11:10:06 »
I had a go at these guns using the same photos as your friend (link provided by a fellow forum member) but I would have to confess not to the same detail your friend has achieved - excellent work.
Robin

Offline Belgium Crazy Team

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #99 on: 05 October 2009, 15:27:57 »
someone has to much free time  ;D

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #100 on: 23 February 2010, 18:13:29 »
Hi All, particularly Colin,
Following the excellent articles in Model Boats mag recently featuring US Navy photo archive of the Z39 I am adding to my Z37 model. I am puzzled by a feature on the photos which looks reasonable to model but if I had some idea of its function it would help. I attach a scan from the magazine (Shhhhh!) of the aft funnel of teh Z39. High on the side is an array formed from 6 identical units. Each unit comprises what looks like 3 bell shaped objects. These are mounted on each side of the aft funnel. Exactly the same array is mounted on the front of the bridge.
Robin
Colin could you please mention this to your friend  - thanks.

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #101 on: 24 February 2010, 14:20:24 »
i'll see what i can find out for you..  ^^^

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: 25 February 2010, 11:27:41 »
 ::DD Thanks colin

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #103 on: 26 February 2010, 12:29:08 »
the information that i have so far;

no one is really to sure what these things were, but we are digging a little deeper.

some times there things were also around the bridge, and as far as the information goes, were never really used.

they might be lights, that were used for signaling insted of the flags..

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #104 on: 27 February 2010, 11:28:32 »
They do look a bit like lights its true. From my photo source these things were not fitted on destroyers prior to start of WWII. The things are found on destroyers of all types later on in the war on sides of aft funnel and front of the bridge so some type of retro-fit - bit of a mystery.
Robin