Author Topic: HMS Manxman Build  (Read 6855 times)

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
HMS Manxman Build
« on: 17 October 2022, 11:24:54 »
My new buiid HMS Manxman was collected by my good friend Bill Mcgowan on Saturday at the Blackpool show I could not attend as I had an oppointment for my Covid and Flu Jabs. Bill brought the kit to the Club (Glasgow Richmond) on Sunday wher it drew the attention of many members. I liked the kit right away the hull detail is first class and the Laser cut parts are excellent. I finished HMS Veralum last spring and while I always planned to build the Manxman it had to wait. The garden and working on club members boats took up all of my time now I have time to concentrate on building HMS Manxman.

Offline Railbob

• Warrant Officer
Re: HMS Manxman Build
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2022, 07:41:52 »
Hi Pegasus, I thought about Manxman as my next build as well, I like her lines and triple funnels but have instead decided to go for Ron's semi kit Swiftsure. Please post plenty of build pictures as you usually do as it's great to see a build come along.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2022, 16:40:33 »
The Abdiel Class has always fascinated me ever since I built a kit as a Boy And since reading their exploits in the Book Very Special Ships.
               I have finally started the build. I reckon with any luck that this will last right through the winter. Having fixed out all the small parts into boxes I do this by scanning the tray Plans and cutting the into the individual parts this means I can work on one box at time.
               I started by pinning all the small parts (Lockers,Bollards etc) I found this to best way to fix then to the Deck Superstructure Etc. The kit has had an upgrade resulting in excellent detail.
               I will record every part of the build however any one building the Manxman will get an Excellent DVD showing all the parts at each stage of the build.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 October 2022, 16:48:46 »
Railbob
           I did not know that Deans did a Semi kit of HMS Swiftsure until Bill Mcgowan told me yesterday that was his next project after a Dido Class Cruiser I think that may well be my next project after Manxman. I look forward to seeing the outcome.

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2022, 09:31:21 »
Hi
our original prototype model, built many years ago
Regards
 Deans Marine

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2022, 11:48:46 »
Excellent model another of those ships I always liked I remember many years ago building an Airfix kits using a Tiger kit and parts from a Belfast kit.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2022, 11:55:28 »
I will buils the Manxman the sameway as I built the Veralum by building and paintin all the small parts first then in order the Guns. ships boats, masts, and lastly the super structures. Fter weighing everything including servos motors etc that will help calculate the final Ballast.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 28 October 2022, 11:57:05 »
The resin parts all painted

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 28 October 2022, 11:59:03 »
The large seartch lights

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2022, 12:00:39 »
The metal parts all painted

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2022, 12:02:39 »
The Quad 50s and Bridge fittings

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2022, 12:05:20 »
The main armament is now complete, with added gunners.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2022, 12:07:48 »
Finished the full mount altthough the have still to be motorised nearer the final build.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 14 November 2022, 20:49:35 »
I have been building all the sub assemblies however I cannot decide the colours to use. The colour on the DVD are are attractive but this was the used on the HMS Abdiel not the Manxman when she left the Builders she was overall Dark Grey she may wel have adopted the same patern as the Abdiel later on but I will not start painting the superstructure until I have nailed it.

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 14 November 2022, 20:51:20 »
The pom pom platform