General Discussion > Customers Builds

SS Furie

(1/6) > >>

colin:
The next Project that i have underway is the SS Furie.

Here is a photo of her, moored outside the Steam Museum in Maasluis (Holland).

photo's of the model in due course.

colin:
so here's how i made the Rudder.

you can see the Original Prop and Tiller arm, insted of these i have used a tiller arm from Robbe and a Brass Prop from Raboesch

the plateing is from Microstrips, and little brass nails they have been shortend.

colin:
here comes the next Photo.

instead of using the Wood that is supplied with the Kit, i decided to use Plastic, there is enough excess in the kit to supply all the side supports plus all the "H" (or so called double "T") beams.

Cut out of strips of 5mm wide 1mm think then glued together to form the "H" as can be seen in the photo.

These types of Beams can be purchased ready made from Raboesch, but I guess that takes the fun out of Model building

The Prop shaft is also from Raboesch part No. 301-01 then shorted to the Length needed

The Motor is from Buehler, a low RPM about 7000, high Torque about 20watts, low ampere about 2Amps at full drain, this will run off a 6 Volt 4Amps sealed lead acid battery from Panasonic, this will give ample sailing time, as "Full Drain" (blockage of the Prop) hardly ever happens, the motor only costs about 5 Pounds.
http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/onlineshop/index.php/cat/c391_B-hler-Motors.html

colin:
here's a photo of that shows most of the lockers and skylights.

as most of my projects that i build are always altered in some way.

this time i have used Brass Portholes from RB Fittings, instead of the fittings that came with the Kit.

http://deansmarine.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/cPath/1_4/products_id/682

colin:
how quickly can one build a Model ship, no this can not be true, only days have passed and so much has been built this can not be, your asking your self's?

of course not, some of these photo's are months old, if i remember rightly i started on the Hull in June 2008 and had two weeks Holiday at the end of July so i have managed to get this far, so quickly.

hopefully all going well, and another two week Holiday in December, she should be finished, so please be patients

the Engine room cover on the Original ship is a rectangle in shape with square corners, unlike the Vac form part that comes with the Kit, so in the same way as the Lockers or Bridge was built, I have made the lower part of the Engine room cover, the Vac form for the Upper part was used.

With a little brass wire, some micro strip and rod, the hinges and handles were made, and then to top it off some more portholes from RB Fittings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version