Author Topic: HMS Zulu build  (Read 322755 times)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: HMS Zulu build
« Reply #45 on: 18 October 2013, 10:42:51 »
Hi Joe,
you might like to put your photo's of your hidden Switches in this topic.. "Hidden Switches & Charging Sockets"

i hide my switches all the time..  ^^^

Offline Tanzy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #46 on: 18 October 2013, 15:07:48 »
Perfect Joe many thanks :)

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #47 on: 18 October 2013, 20:02:47 »
you might like to put your photo's of your hidden Switches in this topic.. "Hidden Switches & Charging Sockets"

Hi Colin, yes may be I will post some photos there they might help someone. Joe

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #48 on: 22 October 2013, 16:49:32 »
when I studied the fore end of the bridge with all those little windows and the wrap around bit from the vacuform I must admit it had me worried, but I took my time over a couple of days doing a little at a time and although a few swear words came back from my working days, I am fairly pleased with it, which lead me into the next slightly easier part of the bridge module, I did deviate a little from the instructions and used a few of my own ideas like instead of forming the aft end with 5 separate pieces I put a bulkhead across the end and will form the "box" on it, although it will still look the same..  Joe.

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #49 on: 22 October 2013, 17:33:39 »
Hi Joe
She is looking good . I know what you mean with building the bridge I had fun and games building mine for HMS Lincoln except mine was etched brass , really awkward shape . Look forward to seeing the finished model at Action Stations 2014 . I am thinking of building Deans HMS Skirmisher , with 26 models at home I am running out of space have just sold off a couple of non warships so might start build in the New Year . If you are going to SWA show at Explosions in November we can have a catch up chat them .
Keep up the good work .
David

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #50 on: 22 October 2013, 18:25:14 »
Thanks David, yes I'll see you at the SWA show.. Joe.

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: 23 October 2013, 06:52:26 »
jup i know what you went through Joe, the bridge on the Lis Terkol has similar angled window frames

it looks Ok to me too  ^^^

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 23 October 2013, 21:58:07 »
Looks just perfect Joe.  I know when I did mine a few years back I was concerned about the vac form angled bit and how it would marry up but its not as daunting as it first seems.  All in all your build is looking very nice and going at a cracking pace.  Just finished my non Deans Build today of a Metcalfe Mouldings tug so soon be moving onto my next Deans when I return from the International Boat Show.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: 24 October 2013, 10:57:33 »
Looking forward to your next build Mike hope you do a build log, what kit have you decided to build.. Joe

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 24 October 2013, 17:10:46 »
SY Medea is the one.

Have just finished a Mecalfs Moudlings Lady Larua Tug which turned out a really nice build and looks very nice now its finished - 8pm last night lol.  I have a freelance tug lying on the stocks too but will start the Medea before that one.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: 24 October 2013, 18:29:24 »
Hi Mike, The SY Medea yes you did say that before, please forgive the senior moment LOL , She is a beautiful yacht. Joe.

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 24 October 2013, 20:41:34 »
Apologies for the slight deviation from your thread joe but just to show I have not been idle over the last couple of months. But as it was a non Deans couldn't put the log on here!!
« Last Edit: 24 October 2013, 21:48:26 by mikearace »

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #57 on: 24 October 2013, 21:34:00 »
Fine looking build Mike, and an interesting name. Joe.

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #58 on: 25 October 2013, 02:24:03 »
The bridge looks fine Joe, keep up the nice work and enjoy.  All the best to you and all your readers, from Oz.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: 25 October 2013, 11:37:03 »
Thanks Paul, and greetings from damp old blighty, it must be hell in all that warm sunshine LOL.

I finished off the end "box" of the superstructure and then used the module to mark out the access hatch, I tend not to follow the full shape of the superstructures all you need is an access hole with a riser to help stop water ingress, so I just cut out a rectangle following the smallest part of the module and then you can fine tune the position and fit using packers glued in place and sanded to give a nice snug fit. Joe