Author Topic: HMS Dreadnought Downunder  (Read 9307 times)

roy@origen.co.nz

HMS Dreadnought Downunder
« on: 16 December 2013, 22:54:21 »
Three years into my part time build and Dreadnought is starting to take shape, another couple of years should do it!  :smiley1:

I have numerious construction photos if anyone is interested.

Ship features rotating turrets, working searchlights and Aldis, fog horn, and working smoke. (home made fog machine)

It's my second Deans build - the first was Skirmisher about 5 years ago.

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: HMS Dreadnought Downunder
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2013, 15:32:57 »
good things do take there time..  :wink1:
nice job so far  ^^^

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: 18 December 2013, 00:39:39 »
Nice build Roy, and yes I would be intrested in seeing your build pictures.   If you can post them on the Yahoo flicker site and then post the link to the page we can all see how you build went.   The site will give you loads of space to post your pictures and with the capacity to put high def pictures.   Look forward to seeing them, as they help me and I am sure others to build better models. ^^^

Paul

Offline yother

• Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2014, 14:49:51 »
I'm looking to build this kit this year, I would love to see your build photos.

looking very nice so far Roy😊

Offline webbo

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2015, 14:44:50 »
Hi Roy and any one else who reads this ,I am currently building trumpeter Bismarck , nearly finished except for rotating turrets and smoke . I have all equip I need and sea trials are complete and went well , better than expected . I am looking for ideas and photos , being a dipstick I don't know how to get on yahoo to see any photos you may have posted .Can you help
« Last Edit: 13 March 2015, 15:00:27 by webbo »

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: 13 March 2015, 15:46:29 »
You can post photos in this forum as you know, but to add to that you can create a photo album on Flickr which will give you a terabit of free storage space to post all your photos in full with no reduction of the quality of the photo.

All you need to do is go to the www.Flickr.com  web site.   Create an account (you will need to make an email address which is free) and away you go up load your photos and be able to view others who have done the same.   Once done you can post the link to your album for other to view in this forum along with your photos you have uploaded to here.

Hope this helps. 

Offline Roy

• Able Seaman
« Reply #6 on: 06 April 2020, 00:33:06 »
Latest picture of this build - 7 years later! As you can see no progress as other hobbies took priority. Covid lockdown has given me time to clean out the workshop and start work again on this baby. First job to pull out all old (very dead) batteries and check everything still works, if I can remember how it all operates. Thankfully I took heaps of build photos, which I still haven't posted for anyone who may be interested.

Offline Roy

• Able Seaman
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2020, 06:53:50 »
Great progress achieved during lockdown, nearing completion now. Just handrails, torpedo booms, and nets to make and install. Maiden voyage soon, once I replace the main drive battery which after 7 years neglect was well past it.

Offline KiwiNolan

• Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2021, 15:31:18 »
Hi Roy,
Be interested to see/hear how your Dreadnought is coming along! Can I ask how you built the long boat davits that rise up next to the bridge/funnel?

planning on emigrating back home sometime soon, so glad there's another modeller (or 10!) back home
« Last Edit: 02 June 2021, 15:34:12 by KiwiNolan »

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2021, 16:13:45 »
Nice build you have done it proud. Would love to build a1/96 Capital ship (HMS Renown as rebuilt) But lack of storage space limits me to 1/96 Destroyers. All the best with the build I to would love to see the Photographs.

Offline KiwiNolan

• Able Seaman
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2021, 16:28:27 »
I've made a small start on a 1/128 scale HMS Renown (1942) which is still mostly decking, but it's going to be a beauty in whatever century it is when I finish! definitely has a length (6ft) to rival most 1/96 scale models if that takes your fancy!

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2021, 19:30:46 »
Thanks Kiwi Nolan
                               But 1/128 scale would be too big for storage or transport. However I wish you luck with the build and look forward to your progress and hoping you photograph the build.