Author Topic: HDMS Tordenskjold, alternative Type 14 frigate.  (Read 34860 times)

Offline NickD

• Warrant Officer
Re: HDMS Tordenskjold, alternative Type 14 frigate.
« Reply #60 on: 16 August 2020, 13:44:15 »
Thank You!

Yes, I plan to make real water test very soon, I hope, maybe sometime in September! Everything is ready for that, all superstructures are fixed on their place (except the radar room an main mast, but deck is still not penetrated, so this will not be a problem for water run)!
Yesterday I put the ballast and the battery again. Here is a video from the R/C dry test.
https://www.facebook.com/TYPE14E.FRIGATE.MODEL/videos/218664022897133/?t=0

The model is now on exhibition for two weeks.

Offline hother

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #61 on: 16 August 2020, 14:30:26 »
Many thanks for the link ^^^
Yesterday I was thinking of a conversation I had with Captain of the HMS Palliser many many years ago. I asked him, what he would do if they actually brought a submarine to the surface, using their ASW system. Not much was the answer, as we only got 2 40mm Bofors guns.

You have solved the problem with the twin turret.  :smiley1:

David Flockton

« Reply #62 on: 27 September 2021, 12:18:23 »
Dear Sir, are the stl files available for the Plessey AWS-1. I'm collating materials for my Father who served on HMS Mermaid F76, which was one of the first ships to sport the unit. Like You I'm having difficulty in obtaining details on the AWS-1 and in 144 scale. Can you help or offer a lead?

Best Regards, Great Build
Dave