Author Topic: Weapons  (Read 20037 times)

Offline Belgium Crazy Team

• Lt-Commander
Weapons
« on: 31 October 2008, 07:03:46 »

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
Weapons
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2008, 14:34:01 »
Thanks for the information on the twin 15cm turret. Actually I have a book "Destroyer" by Whitley which has that drawing which I am using but it does not have a drawing of the single 15cm gun housing - I don't suppose you have that by any chance?

• Lt-Commander
Weapons
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2008, 19:46:57 »
I finally found the time to take some pictures of the plans I have.
Have fun with it.
If you want larger pictures, mail me...

• Lt-Commander
Weapons
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2008, 19:47:24 »
Some more drawings

• Lt-Commander
Weapons
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2008, 19:47:55 »
And more....

• Lt-Commander
Weapons
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2008, 19:48:19 »
the last one...

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
Weapons
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2008, 20:16:32 »
Thanks Belgium Crazy Team, I much appreciate your photos. Especially the twin 37mm guns as I want to add details to the Deans Marine guns. The 12.7cm gun drawings are also useful although Z37 being a 1936 A (mob) has 15cm guns but some details will be the same no doubt.
Regards
Robin

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
Weapons
« Reply #7 on: 07 January 2009, 18:22:37 »
I am working on my torpedo tube assemblies. The drawing you kindly posted shows a frame at the tube loading door end. I would like to add this detail but have not got any idea what its function is. Do you know? The drawing has information on it which I cannot read from the posted version and I assume it is in German.
Cheers

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Weapons
« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2009, 06:16:27 »
i have split the Original Topic, as it was about Smoke generators, to this Topic, hope the heading is OK

i would be able to help in the translation from German to English, but i can not make it out either.. sorry

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #9 on: 08 January 2009, 07:09:32 »
I will have a look at the plans at home.
Can you give me you mail address so I can mail you the picture in a better resolution?

@Colin
That was a very good idea...

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #10 on: 08 January 2009, 20:03:32 »
I didn't found the sheet that explains all the numbers n the plan.
I looked in the books to find some decent photo's but only the front of the torpedotubes are always visible.
The text on top of the drawing says: "side view"

I think it looks like a plate that can be used when they are loading the torpedos.  But this is my guess.

Kurt

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 09 January 2009, 15:46:52 »
Kurt, I think you are correct about the frame being used for loading of the torpedoes. Interestingly all of the photos I have show the frame standing vertical to the tubes. In September 2008 Model Boats magazine there is a report on the Dortmund Intermodellbau model show. There are three photos of an outstanding model of Z39 by a well known continental modeller Markus van Beek. I am using these photos as another source of info. The interesting thing is on the Z39 model the frame is shown lying horizontal.
Robin

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: 09 January 2009, 17:47:32 »
Hi Robin,
i know Markus personally, he lives not far from me.

there is a show on this weekend that i am going to, I'll see if i can get you some more information.

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2009, 06:45:38 »
Hi Colin
That would be great. Please tell him how much I admire his modelling skills. I have a question I would like to know the answer too. In the 1936A (mob) destroyers where is the emergency command position? On the Deans Marine drawings it is just aft of the second funnel but I notice from the photo of Markus's destroyer there is nothing on the raised deck in the position Deans Marine indicate. From other photos I have I suspect that the command position is just forward of the aft funnel. Another question is that I cannot make out the functionality of the crane like structures mounted on the deckhouses just aft of each set of torpedo tube assemblies. Presumably they are used for torpedo loading into the tubes but they appear to be very complex. HMS Kelly just has a simple crane for this purpose.

Regards
Robin

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2009, 19:29:24 »
this guy is building a (scratch) Z class but I'm not to sure which one, but i can find out.
he has all of the original plans from the German Maritime offices.

see what you think to these photo's
« Last Edit: 11 January 2009, 19:34:39 by colin »