Author Topic: HMS DIDO  (Read 13974 times)

Harley

HMS DIDO
« on: 03 March 2008, 22:17:13 »
Hi Everybody.
New to this forum . But not to the world of Deans warship kits. ( have build the following til now HMS AMAZON - HMS MOHAWK - HMS DREADNOUGHT - HMS RODNEY - HMS VICTORIOUS and the HMS COMPASS ROSE. Now i am having a bit of a hard time to find the right plans for the HMS DIDO. Anybody out there who knows what, where and how to get the right ones ?

Best regards from Denmark.
H Poulsen.

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
Re: HMS DIDO
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2008, 17:58:32 »
Hi Harley
 Have a look at the magazines for Nurnburg 2008 Deans Marine had a 1/96 model of the Dido on show as a prototype for new release.
 How about some of your models on the customers models site
Happy Boating
 Ron

Harley

« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2008, 18:16:10 »
Hi Ron.
Thanks for the quick reply. This little Dido model is the only one I haven´t been able to locate what sheets of plans I have to get. Also due to my not very good english. I have trouble explaining what I mean  :(

We had our models on display on a little modelbuilder meeting this weekend. The visitors of the "show" had a lot of good questions on your models. People were amazed by the detail the models are showing. althoug they are planned to be used as rc-models.

Will take some photos as soon as I get the models unpacked again. My family and I have just moved, and things are still in boxes.

Best regards. Harley

Harley

« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2008, 10:36:30 »
I still would be very happy, if someone could tell me what sheets of the shipplans I have to order from the NMM in Greenwich to build this model.. Asking forthe sheets, cause i really don´t need the whole set, only the ones suitable for modelbuilding..

Regards. Harley
« Last Edit: 06 March 2008, 10:38:08 by Harley »

Harley

« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2008, 16:26:15 »
Nothing much happening on this forum... Wonder why ? I don´t ask for free plans. Of cause I know things cost...  I am just wondering, I have seen pictures of this ship as finished model... Conclusion must be, someone "out there" knows what plans needed and where to order them...

A prayer to the Deans..
Couldn´t it be an idea to put an information on how to get the needed plans for the Mouldean hulls you are selling ? It would be so much easyer to get started...

An answer ???  Anybody...   :)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: 10 March 2008, 10:28:03 »
i might be the Administrator of the Forum, but i do not know everything.

were and who to ask:
all i can say is Phone or E-mail the Deansmarine Workshops and you will probably get an answer to your questions

being as a forum works on the fact that people talk to each other, and this Forum has only just started up (so to speak) it will take a while for people to realise there is this forum, to exchange there views!

not just on Deansmarine Kits or Accessories, but on anything to do with Modelships

Harley

« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2008, 14:58:58 »
Colin.
It wasn´t ment as an complain..  But I thought that some of the Deans Marine shop now and then looked in this forum.. 

The fact is Deans deliveres some very very beautifull hulls.. And I think, or I know, that a lot of interested around where we are seated with our modelbuilding club, would like to purchase some. But the fact that it is very difficult for us who dosen´t speak or write english that good - my self included - It would be an unpayable help if the hull was followed by a description of what plans to buy, and where.. As i guess the builders of Deans Marine must have some plans themselves to build after, you should be able to provide this guideance.. As said in the beginning. this is absolutely not an complain, and I don´t expect you to know everything Colin.. you are doing a great job in here already.

regards. Harley

Harley

« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2008, 15:03:55 »
By the way...

Somebody did read in here :-) and kindly sent me these informatione.. These I will post here, as there might be somebody other than me who would like to build this beautifull Cruiser. Her are the plans needed from the NMM

All HMS Naiad as fitted Hawthorne Leslie 28 January 1943
Negative Number 697950/1 to 697950/8 General Arrangement sheets - which include

No4 Upper Deck
No5 Forecastle Deck and Superstructures
No6 Superstructures and Bridge
No7 Profile

Regards. Harley

John @ WEM

« Reply #8 on: 21 August 2009, 17:35:55 »
The 1/192 plans of HMS Dido formerly available from Sambrook Marine Plans are now being marketed by Taubman Plans. Do a Google search for Taubman and you'll find the vendor.

Cheers,
John Snyder
White Ensign Models

Tom@Crewe

« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2010, 08:01:29 »
Hello Harley

I'm a New member here, but I think we have been on other forums. How is the build of HMS Dido going.

I am about to get one too and thought we might share info.

Tom

bismarckbuilder

« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2011, 11:12:38 »
hi
any more on this build???
gaz

Offline Ron

• Able Seaman
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2019, 18:15:30 »
Could  there is someone who may be able to point me in the right direction!

I thought i had posted on here sometime ago but cannot trace the thread, hopefully someone may find the thread
First of all Dad served on HMS Dido
I would like to get a model of her to pass on to my grandkids
The smaller scale 1/700 etc i feel wont have enough detail
The paper build ones are a bit 'faffy'
So it leaves me with  something from 1/96 to 1/200 range
I notice that Deans have a 'kit' ( seen it on you tube, but cannot see anything on the site) but is this kit complete in that every bit is there carly floats etc or do i  need to buy add on kits, or even worse ( for me) scratchbuild the whole superstructure. As i am busy with a 5in  live steam loco  my time is somewhat taken up for the next 18 months!

I see that Trumpeter have three kits of members of the class and am willing to do the mods to make Dido, but again these seem to be rarer than unicorns

Any suggestions on the best and easiest way to go. Cost isn't really a problem, just need it to look like the old girl. I have seen two 1/96? models completed One was on HMS Belfast, now believed to have been sold and in in New Zealand and one now in storage at the Glasgow Museum of transport. At my age it really needs to be a relatively easy build and quick!

Would even buy a finished model if one came up

So any help , suggestion please?

Thanks

Ron