Author Topic: Z26  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Belgium Crazy Team

• Lt-Commander
Z26
« on: 29 December 2008, 19:56:31 »
Some pictures of a modified Z37.
For her length she can handle "rough" weather.  Only when you go sailing in choppy seas, make sure that nothing can move and always try to sail with the bow in the waves....

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
Re: Z26
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2008, 20:35:20 »
She looks great on the water. Any particular reason for choosing Z26? I did think of modifying to represent a late 1936 type such as Z17 Deither von Roeder as I think they are better looking ships than the 1936 A types. The twin 15cm turret was not a success on the actual ships and it looks a bit large on the model. I see Z26 came to a sticky end in action against HMS Trinidad and HMS Eclipse. By comparisom Z37 had an inglorious end having been rammed by a fellow destroyer Z32 in excercises and damaged beyond repair and was subsequently stripped of its guns for coast defence and decommissioned.

Offline Belgium Crazy Team

• Lt-Commander
Re: Z26
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2008, 10:37:45 »
I liked the camouflage scheme....  ;D
Z26 is the for the moment the only one that isn't weathered.  I don't think I will add weathering on her.  This was my first Deans kit, but not the first boat I made.

In all the ships I've built untill now,  I always try to add a special camouflage scheme and weathering.
f.e. the HMS Buttercup (flower class in an early atlantic camouflage scheme),
HMT Coldsteamer (royal marine in overall white),...
When you do this it usually means you have to paint the ship 2-3 times.