Author Topic: Lady Of Wroxham  (Read 13365 times)

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
Re: Lady Of Wroxham
« Reply #15 on: 16 September 2011, 20:45:32 »
Our Lady of Wroxham made her maiden voyage yesterday in the dark in order to test the LED-lights. It was completely successful. The manoeuvrability of this model is excellent. :)

Kind regards

Anke & Arno

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: 17 September 2011, 14:12:51 »
glad your enjoying your model, or should i say glad your daughter is enjoying her model...  ;D  ;D  :)  :)

Oldsalt

« Reply #17 on: 18 July 2012, 18:03:08 »
Hello fellow builders of this interesting and unusual vessel. I purchased what I believe to be one of the early kits of Lady of Wroxham from a chap who had purchased the original kit but after some time, found he was too busy to complete it and sold it to me.
I was well into the build when I realised that this forum existed and as I have only recently completed it I thought others may like to see the slight alterations I made to the original format.
I have to say that I found the instructions and photographs extremely difficult to follow and was very disappointed with the standard of grammar and spelling contained therein. It appears that little or no proof checks were made and a lot of the text was almost indecipherable. Presumably these errors have since been corrected and improved. However, I decided early on that a bit of 'bashing' was the way to proceed and I eventually turned out a passable representation of the model to suit my style of modelling. I installed a Graupner Speed 400 motor powered by a 7.2v NiMh battery and she sails very well. The launch is, to me,  a very pleasing style and I am more than happy with the result, as I have previously owned examples of Deans kits.
My 'Lady' is complete except for a small cockpit table and a helmsmans chair which are at present being built.
Robert.
« Last Edit: 11 September 2012, 20:18:24 by Oldsalt »