Author Topic: New modeller - interested in fast launches  (Read 2860 times)

H Floyd

New modeller - interested in fast launches
« on: 02 February 2021, 22:43:53 »
Hi all,

Got into RC model boats with lockdown, want to something still straightforward but not super technical. Interested in a Dean Marine fast launches. Like the RAF rescue and tender boats. Anyone got any previous projects on these or how the build went?

Many thanks,

Harry.

Offline PeterM

• Able Seaman
Re: New modeller - interested in fast launches
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2021, 12:06:27 »
Hello Harry,
I am not sure if this will relevant for you (as it is not really a fast launch), but I recently completed a build of the Deans Green Parrot kit. I have done some restoration work and radio gear installation on second hand models, but this was my first full build. I chose this model as I understood it was fairly straightforward. I definitely made some mistakes during the build, but overall I am reasonably pleased with the end result.
I am happy to share more information if it would be helpful.
Peter

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2021, 12:46:52 »
Hi all,

Got into RC model boats with lockdown, want to something still straightforward but not super technical. Interested in a Dean Marine fast launches. Like the RAF rescue and tender boats. Anyone got any previous projects on these or how the build went?

hi lots of builds in the forum ?
http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/index.php?board=5.0

Many thanks,

Harry.

Offline Herman-the-German

• Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2021, 22:17:27 »
Hi Harry
I have the HMS Royal Marine a Military Class Trawler. It is nice sized Model with many Space for your own Features and Ideas. And i think you get for this Price a lot of Ship.
Regards from Germany
Tobi

Offline HFloyd1987

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2021, 16:55:58 »
Thanks all, never realised this posted. I ended up going for HMS Amazon! which is a bit larger i know!

Offline Pegasus

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2021, 10:55:35 »
Deans have a fine range of fast launches MTBs and Gunboats so you are spoiled for choice If you are new to modelling and unsure of what to build give Deans a call I am sure the can advise the best one to start with. I have three fast 1/35 scale boats an Elco and two S boats a type 38 and a type 100. the are fast and good fun to sail. Planning my next project that will probably be another destroyer however I would after that like to build the Deans Fairmile D.

Good luck