Author Topic: SWA Exhibition  (Read 17779 times)

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
Re: SWA Exhibition
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2013, 19:23:08 »
Thanks for that Andy I think you have just convinced me she's a beauty,   Joe

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2013, 20:46:30 »
My Mohawk - My first Deans Build.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2013, 08:35:25 »
you landed one, my landings were crashes, LOL    Joe

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: 29 August 2013, 08:59:20 »
do you need help...  ;D
i fly the 250 size Helli's and smaller quite successfully...

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2013, 16:01:46 »
Thanks all the same Colin, these days I prefer sitting on the bank of a pond and quietly sailing my ships, my old brain can keep up with that. 
Joe

Offline andy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2013, 16:27:44 »
Now if there was a 1/96 scale flyable Wasp or even yet a Sea King. Then I may be will to give it a try also... ;D ;D

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2013, 16:55:23 »
Off topic  :police:

there only bodies (shells) to be fitted with the right mechanics, but they don't quite go down to 1:96

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/component/page,shop.browse/category_id,158/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,43/

there is a nice Westland Seaking in 1:72 and a Westland Wessex in 1:48

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #22 on: 30 August 2013, 13:55:14 »
Welcome Joe .It is always a pleasure to have new members join us in the SWA , we have a very active group here in area 4 and usually put on a display a month between march and November . We have a large range of models available for display with examples from ww1to present day . This exhibition attended by Joe was one of our smaller displays due to having to share room with other exhibitors . We had over 40 models on show at Action Stations in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard in June. .
Details of the SWA can be found on the our website together with photos of some of our shows .

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: 30 August 2013, 19:09:17 »
Thanks David, I really enjoyed the weekend, I never got any photos of your models I didn't have my camera on the Saturday, I would have liked one of your HMS Exeter, maybe next time.   Joe.

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #24 on: 31 August 2013, 17:51:24 »
Hi Joe .
I Keep trying to put photos of my fleet on the forum but despite reducing to 640 x 480 they are still too big and keep getting rejected !!!! Very annoying , will not even let me add one of Exeter for you !!!!
David

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: 31 August 2013, 18:43:20 »
Hi Joe .
I Keep trying to put photos of my fleet on the forum but despite reducing to 640 x 480 they are still too big and keep getting rejected !!!! Very annoying , will not even let me add one of Exeter for you !!!!
David
Have you read .... ?  Photos for posting or Photos Re-sizeing

reducing a photo to 640 x 480 does not mean that the size of the file in Kb is smaller...

:police:  sorry to say but after reading such a post...  :police:

there are a few simple rules on this forum.... just a reminder that Deansmarine pay for this forum, and that there is only limeted space, that is why the rules are in place, reduce you photo's to below 100Kb pro photo and then you can publish them here with out any problems at all...

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: 01 September 2013, 09:55:21 »
Steady on chaps, I don't think anyone was criticizing Deans for restricting the size of photo files it's understandable why it is done, it just that not everyone has the knowledge of how to reduce the file size, personally I choose the photos that I want to post on the forum and send them to myself via e-mail, windows resizes them to a size that is good for e-mail system and I get them right back in my inbox and each photo is between about 50 to 90 kb now I know this is a bit long winded and there are much simpler ways using softwear if you happen to be a computer geek but like a lot of the members on here I come from a time when a PC was a policeman and if you "booted" him you got your collar felt.  Joe

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: 01 September 2013, 11:36:53 »
Hi Guys,  Some times it might be better to use a flicker account which givers you 1 Tbite of storage space and you can store all your Model ship pictures there in any size.   Then when you want some one to view your photos you post the link.   You can create sets so that you point members to the set you want them to view.   There fore you can have a set for each model and then add to them as your build goes along.   Just a idea that may help.  Paul

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #28 on: 01 September 2013, 12:39:35 »
Thanks guys , I was not criticising Deans just annoyed at my inability to modify my photos . Will try your suggestions. There is a large album of all my models on my club website Solent radio control model boat club but all of models on the water . www.srcmbc.org.uk . Will try and sort photo problem out next week . David

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: 01 September 2013, 15:35:53 »
Hi David, I got a good photo of your Exeter from your club site, I like having some photos of other modellers ships that I like, it gives me ideas and inspiration when building mine, it looks like a great club you have there and a nice sailing venue.  Joe.