Author Topic: Liz Terkol  (Read 2152 times)

Offline PhilJ

• Able Seaman
Liz Terkol
« on: 16 May 2020, 17:29:38 »
Hi all, I am fairly inexperienced with RC model boat building but I have worked on a couple of kits in my time.  I am looking for a lockdown project and I have been attracted to the Liz Terkol kit for some time.  I have read the review on here and also watched a couple of construction videos on You Tube.  Does anyone have any experience with this kit and have any advice or tips?  I am a bit daunted by the review stating that it wasn’t for beginners but I am keen to give it a go.

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Liz Terkol
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2020, 17:59:32 »
I guess you mean my build thread..
http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/index.php?topic=51.0

As stated.. no I would not recommend it for the beginner.. 
but, at the same time, if one invests time and patience, and mesurments are not a foreign language, as you will have to check time and time again, if you want the tank deck walkway to be the same hight as the Bow and stern decks..

I added bulkheads to the tank deck so the railings and stepway had some were to be glued to..  as the hole of the tank deck is removable..

I have a load of photos of the build..  and you are welcome to ask questions...
I work on a lot of modelers interpretation...  :wink1:
My model is probably not perfect, or an exact copy of the real ship, or even the kit.. for that matter..  I have altered and added a lot of parts and fittings..

But by all means don't let me put you off building the kit, enjoy.. ^^^

Offline PhilJ

• Able Seaman
Re: Liz Terkol
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2020, 18:26:07 »
Hi Colin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.  I’m sure I’d have many questions when I started on it.   I’m quite comfortable with measurements but thanks for the heads up, I’ll be sure to be thorough with the measurements for this kit.  ^^^