Author Topic: HMS Manxman  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Krisptrs

• Able Seaman
HMS Manxman
« on: 28 December 2018, 14:44:17 »
HI all,
new to the forum, in fact new to any forum.
I have just started to build HMS Manxman which my wife kindly bought me for Xmas. We actually travelled from S Wales to Peterborough to buy the kit.
Had a tremendous welcome from Ron and were shown around his empire. Had heard good things about him, now I know they're true. I hope to photo as I build, but if anyone has already built her any tips or tricks would be welcome.
Krisptrs

Offline mikearace

• Captain
Re: HMS Manxman
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2018, 15:00:58 »
Good luck with the build.  Manxman has always looked to me as a model with an awful lot of presence with her size and clutter and armaments.  Certainly seems to be a hands full building job so good luck with it.  I'm sure you will do a fine job.  Never seen a built one so will watch for your blog.

Offline Krisptrs

• Able Seaman
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2018, 22:43:12 »
Hi,
yes, it does look like a real test to build her which is why we made the trip to Peterborough. I wanted a challenge But Deans has so many choices I wanted to see for myself what was on offer. once I saw her  it had to be her. looking forward to a lot of enjoyment.

Offline Krisptrs

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2019, 16:52:57 »
Finished the Build last week maiden voyage last Sunday Brilliant' superb kit to work with will try and put the build photos on line this week.