Author Topic: HDMS Tordenskjold, alternative Type 14 frigate.  (Read 6829 times)

Offline hother

• Petty Officer
Re: HDMS Tordenskjold, alternative Type 14 frigate.
« Reply #30 on: 19 June 2019, 15:11:29 »
Looking forward to more pictures ^^^

Offline NickD

• Petty Officer
« Reply #31 on: 22 June 2019, 15:24:32 »
Prototyping of the central superstructure - first iteration (paper). A height of the standard director platform seems to be not enough. Another half of a meter will be needed. Oerlikon nests used raising tubes, because these guns intended to engage surface targets. Maybe i can add safely another 30 cm width each side to ensure a little more space for the loader to operate easily. Now ammo storage rack is single, for both guns, maybe i can enlarge the ammo rack platform to the funnel side and add there one or two more ammo boxes.
Any suggestions and corrections are welcome!

Offline hother

• Petty Officer
« Reply #32 on: 22 June 2019, 18:37:49 »
What a beautiful Lady. You do a terrific job. And your changes really makes a Frigate of the Type 14.

Many many thanks :smiley1:

Offline NickD

• Petty Officer
« Reply #33 on: 10 September 2019, 19:59:48 »
Excuse me for the long delay!
The work continues, but not too much things worthy of a photo.
The hull is complete, now prepations for the painting goes on. Too much sanding these days. :)
Some other details are ready for 3D-printing, I will order them soon. You can see the bridge and mix of some tiny details - loudspeakers, deck lamps, handrail knobs and two types of rope craddles. More will be ready soon.

« Last Edit: 10 September 2019, 20:04:46 by NickD »