Author Topic: Grampian Pride  (Read 3214 times)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Grampian Pride
« on: 08 March 2017, 11:14:56 »
we have been sent some photo's for publication... we are waiting on more information..

Dear sir/madam, about 2 years ago I purchased your Grampian Pride model. The model is now almost finished. I have made minor modifications to it, based on photos of the real vessel.
Best regards
Mr Diamantopoulos (Norway)

Offline petrosdd

• Able Seaman
Re: Grampian Pride
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2017, 14:32:59 »
Thank you for posting my photos. Model is powered by a 650 Johnson motor with reduction gear (2.33:1). I can use either a 6v or 12v battery although the latter is overkill. I have tried to make slight modifications to the model based on photos from the original vessel. It seems it has undergone a number of modifications through the years. I have added led lights powered by a small battery pack (can be seen at one of the photos). Painting was performed with standard automotive primer (platsic primer first and grey primer second coat) and art waterbased sprey paints for the coloring as third coat. Bow thruster is fitted but is not operational yet as I could not operate a second speed controller from another chanell from my RC unit (an old 7 chanel Futaba for helicopters) Advice on how to solve this would be very wellcome. Prop is a 4 blade 45mm Raboesch. Model runs fine but is a bit top heavy when using the smaller 6V battery.