Author Topic: Maersk Anglia  (Read 136672 times)

Offline Dennis

• Captain
Re: Maersk Anglia
« Reply #150 on: 30 November 2016, 21:25:22 »
Finally some time off to do a little bit to the MA. A few pics of some of the fittings that have been added to the decks. I also tried my hand at building wipers for the front of the bridge as well. Next to start working on some of the leds for lights and the twin working radar.

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #151 on: 01 December 2016, 08:19:14 »
Hey Dennis,

very nice detailing ^^^What did you make the wipers from? photo-etched ones or brass rod?

Regards
Arno

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #152 on: 01 December 2016, 14:19:37 »
Hey Arno, great to hear from you. I used .030 Styr. for the wipers. Because they are so small though I think I might try to photo etch them next time. It would of been a lot easier and would have made for a cleaner look.

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #153 on: 05 February 2017, 21:46:24 »
Started to get a little bit more done on the ma. Was able to get the forward mast painted and built the forward mast light and upper mast lights done as well as the rear mast and some of the deck lights. Also finished the sliding doors for the bridge along with the awnings on both sides as well the red and green running lights. Here are some pics of the progress.

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #154 on: 05 February 2017, 21:50:21 »
A few more progress pics.

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #155 on: 06 February 2017, 07:38:04 »
Hey Dennis,

really excellent paint job ^^^ :) ^^^Do the leads run inside of the profile of the light supports or did you glue them outside? The masts of my Velarde are made out of resin and quite high so I was not able to drill holes inside and had to fix the leads outside. I painted them later and from a distance you can hardly recognize them.

Regards
Arno

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #156 on: 06 February 2017, 16:16:42 »
Hey Arno, yes they are all run on the inside of all the mast. I built the mast from scratch so as to have it hollow to allow for that. Even so it was still very time consuming to feed the tiny wires through. I had to feed a slightly larger single wire first then attach the leds wire to that and pull it through. All in all it took me about three days to pull the wires for the two mast.

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #157 on: 07 February 2017, 07:01:34 »
If I would build my Velarde once more I would do the masts from scratch as well. I tried to hide the leads behind the ladders which I glued onto the masts. It took me hours to put the leads behind the photo-etched ladders as well.

Viren Malelu

« Reply #158 on: 14 September 2017, 11:42:02 »
How come I cannot see the photographs on this thread?

Cheers,
Viren

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #159 on: 17 September 2017, 12:13:05 »
Probably because you are, or were not loged into the forum..!

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #160 on: 20 January 2018, 01:39:35 »
Hello everyone it has been a while that I have been able to work on the MA. Now that I have a little time I started on some more of the fittings. As I was going through them I realized that the cranes that go rear of the superstructure was missing. So I decided to billed them from scratch. Here are a few pics of the cranes. Also was able to finish molding all the leds and install all the lighting. This thing is sure to light up the whole pond. ::DD

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #161 on: 20 January 2018, 02:22:50 »
On the lighting I used over 50 leds. The main and running lights are 6 volt and the flood lights are wired for 12 volts.

Offline karlgalster

• Captain
« Reply #162 on: 20 January 2018, 17:33:17 »
Great model dennis... what did you use for the very impressive floodlights?
Robin

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #163 on: 23 January 2018, 09:09:33 »
Hi Dennis, good to see you back. The lighting looks very realistic. ^^^ :) How did you wire up all those leds without making a mess?

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #164 on: 24 January 2018, 22:54:40 »
Hey Arno great to hear from you. It was quit the task wiring all of these up. The hard part was making sure I did not get glue all over the place. In order to reduce that I predrilled holes for each light to run the wires through which also help to line them up. As for the flood lights Robin the were made from styrene and shaped then I made a mold from that. The mold allowed me to cast them with clear resin with the leds inside of it so it comes out in one piece ready for paint. Once painted I test them one more time before installing them. There is nothing worse than installing a light only to find out that its not working and having to redo it.