Author Topic: Replacement Parts  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Ferry Man

• Warrant Officer
Replacement Parts
« on: 25 December 2011, 21:17:18 »
Hi Does anyone know if you can get replacement parts for models?
A few of my White Metal Parts on my Murineag are misformed and my kit only came with one lifeboat set.

Do you just go about e-mailing deans?

Thanks

Offline Dennis

• Captain
Re: Replacement Parts
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2011, 03:56:22 »
Hey Michael, yea the best thing to do is to send a e-mail to deans marine. They will usally send you the missing parts and anything damage. I had a few parts missing to the radars but being that they are going to be working radars I was not to worried about getting them. I am also making my own railings and some of the the fittings from scratch.

Dennis

« Last Edit: 29 December 2011, 17:09:45 by colin »

Offline Ferry Man

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2011, 08:17:26 »
Hi Dennis

Thanks for the information. I'll contact Deans, I think I'm missing some of the radar parts too having had a look at it. I  can tell you that it is great having someone else building this ship. :smiley1:

Offline mikearace

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2011, 11:44:01 »
From my experience, one thing that Deans cant be faulted with is replacing any parts that are missing or have some faults.  They really do go that extra mile........mind you there is a lot of extra miles all the way to New Zealand.

Offline Ferry Man

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2011, 20:56:09 »
Yes thats right, I don't mind paying for postage. My Carbon footprint is huge though :smiley1:

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2011, 17:18:07 »
as all ways if in doubt, drop the workshops a mail and they will be happy to try and sort the problems out  ^^^

martinfbrown

« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2015, 20:14:26 »
I am currently building HMS Bronington. The white metal Rudder tiller arms supplied are not very good at all. One of mine split, so I contacted Deans, and actually got no help at all, all I was told was they could send some new parts to me, as long as I paid the postage. I only bought the model in March this year, surely these parts should have been supplied to me free of charge. I have had a lot of help from radio joe on the forum.
Martin

Just as a remember of the forum Rules.. http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/index.php?topic=76.0
« Last Edit: 17 July 2015, 08:16:40 by colin »

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2015, 18:14:14 »
Hi Martin, please give Ron Deans a call and speak with him> I feel sure he will look after you and resolve your issue to your satisfaction.  He has always help me when I need assistance, he has a great set up.

martinfbrown

« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2015, 18:58:08 »
Hi,
       Thanks for that info. I originally just sent an email to them, but the reply was not really much help.
Martin

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2015, 18:20:58 »
Very surprized you didn't get help from Deans, my first kit had some mis formed torpedo tubes I sent an e mail with a photo of the parts and got another set form Deans almost by return post, and my Zulu kit had the wrong decals, again it was corrected by return post.  ^^^

martinfbrown

« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2015, 19:33:22 »
The reply I got from deans was that they would send out some replacement parts, if I paid the postage. Not moaning about paying the postage, I just did not like the attitude of the person who replied, as I only bought the kit in March.
Martin

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 18 July 2015, 20:31:16 »
My experience is the same as Joe's. After sales service from Deans was excellent. Missing parts were sent immediately. ^^^ :) ^^^

martinfbrown

« Reply #12 on: 23 July 2015, 14:29:29 »
 I got some replacement tiller arms from Deans today. The same thing has happened, the centre boos of the arms are not substantial enough, to securely take a small self tapper. I am going to modify the arms I got off radio joe, as they are far more substantial. Not happy with Deans at all.
Martin

martinfbrown

« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2015, 15:52:23 »
Modified the arms I received from radio joe, and a perfect job. No help at all from Deansmarine, if they were engineering biased, they would know what I meant when I told them of the problem I had with the arms supplied with the kit. Sorted now though, and I can now move on to the actual building of the model. Thanks to radio joe.
Martin