Author Topic: 1/200 scale Trumpeter HMS Hood  (Read 12355 times)

Offline derekwatson45

• Warrant Officer
1/200 scale Trumpeter HMS Hood
« on: 10 August 2016, 15:36:36 »
Does anyone know if Deans supply a running set for the above model. I got this as a present after much pestering to the family. I intend to add it to my collection of 1/200 scale r/c battleships

Offline Ian Kennedy

• Petty Officer
Re: 1/200 scale Trumpeter HMS Hood
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2016, 20:28:54 »
Hi Derek

Yes, they do two options.
A simple twin motor and shaft conversion, and the full four shaft and motor set.

Both sets include motors, propellers, couplings, rudder and vac formed styrene motor mounts. It is best to contact Deans direct about the price and availability of the sets.

Regards

Ian

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2016, 12:50:20 »

Offline benji

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2016, 20:55:51 »
I would go with the 4 screw option as it will look great! Have you made any progress on this model? I have seen a couple of videos on youtube of the trumpeter HMS Hood and it looks fantastic and the size I think is just about right to transport about if you plan on sailing it a lot.

Ben

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #4 on: 13 September 2016, 10:05:37 »
For your info I have used Deans motorising sets for the Trumpeter Bismark and the Missouri set for motorising the Merit Hornet on both models they fitted easily and work well . I used four prop option on both models !

Offline derekwatson45

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 13 September 2016, 11:36:23 »
Many thanks for the info guys. I have split my time with 1/200 Yamato ( now motorised)  and Hood. on Hood, Sorting out the turrets and finicky stuff whilst I figure how to motorise it and have proper access. I will go the deans route and go for the 4 prop setup. no issues there. also looking at making the guardrails, aerials etc a bit more resilient to damage as I intend to sail this as a working model.

Offline Horatio123

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2016, 11:24:16 »
Hi Derek ,thought you might like to see a few photos of my Trumpeter  Bismarck on and off the water .Hope you managed to get the running gear sorted out on yours , I had to join the  two superstructure pieces together to make as one removable piece used a joining piece in the centre walkway but it cannot be seen .

Offline derekwatson45

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2016, 14:38:52 »
Very impressive. I have this model still in its box!!! Thanks for the advice on access, I think I may have to go the same route as you have with Bismarck with Hood. Just the thing to spur me on as I have been racking my brains on what to do so it is not obvious on the model when I have finished, many thanks

Offline benji

• Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: 25 September 2016, 15:17:29 »
Horatio123, Your Bismarck looks fantastic, great job! After reading this thread I have now gone out and bought the Hood too! :)

Ben

Offline Brechinbandit

• Able Seaman
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2016, 12:20:27 »
There was a full running set for the Graupner 1.150 Hood on ebay a few weeks ago, it consisted of 4 x 380 motors, complete with 4 x flexible couplings and 4 x 3mm prop shafts,and 4 x 25mm props, also included was 2 x mtronik 15amp marine esc,s ,the seller, had removed them from the model in order to make it into a waterline model his start price was £30 he also said he had the full set up for the Graupner Bismarck, and the Titanic, and the Eugen,

Offline Brechinbandit

• Able Seaman
« Reply #10 on: 26 September 2016, 12:42:54 »
Hi again guys, I found that running set,that was on ebay, unfortunately it has been sold, and somebody got a really good bargain it went for a measly £33 see pic of all that was there

Offline derekwatson45

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 27 September 2016, 07:25:23 »
I saw this as well, but too late to do anything about it. Too engrossed in Yamato

Offline Brechinbandit

• Able Seaman
« Reply #12 on: 27 September 2016, 11:09:04 »
I sent the seller an email,and he says he has the complete sets for the Bismarck,and the Titanic and most of the other graupner Premium models,

Offline Brechinbandit

• Able Seaman
« Reply #13 on: 27 September 2016, 12:56:07 »
Hi guys,
was trying to upload pics but had to resize them,
I got this Trumpeter, 1.200 Bismarck recently,i t was on a well known auction site,I got it for £150 the sellers wife wanted rid of it, when I got it home I found that it needed, an 8ch receiver, to get most of what was inside, working,its got 2 x micro servo,s per main turret,and and then there,s the 3  motors and the rudders, I,d like to simplify things a bit, like having it run on say 4ch, I don,t mind losing the gun elevation, the other thing is, it does,nt have any deck railings,where can I get these,

Offline derekwatson45

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 20 December 2017, 20:14:09 »
Hi Guys. Today I received the running gear for my 1/200 scale HMS Hood. Impressed with the kit supplied. I am not too sure of how to wire up four motors with speed controllers so as to have a similar setup to the one shown in the video of the Deans Marine Hood. I have only ever set up two motors in parallel with one speed controller receiver and rudder. any advice/ wiring diagrams would be greatly appreciated.