Author Topic: M/V Fairwind  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Leif

• Captain.
  • Able Seaman
M/V Fairwind
« on: 27 January 2020, 13:12:00 »
Hello.
I am a beginner in model boat construction. I have bought the Fairwind model and am wondering about something and need some help. The bottom of the model bulges a little and I'm wondering how to get it down the way it should be because it must be in plan is that right? Se Attach where I have drawn how it is and how I want it to be''The dotted line'' . I can use 10mm wooden moldings to lay transversely and squeeze them down and glue them with epoxy glue or does anyone else have any good suggestions for this? I Am very grateful for all the help I get and hope you understand what i write because i use google translate. I am not so good in english. Thank you in advance for your help
Brgds
Leif

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: M/V Fairwind
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2020, 16:08:45 »
Boiling water, and a wight, should sort that out no problems..  ^^^
Just be careful not to scold yourself..

You do not have to fill the hull, as the sides would then take up a funny shape..

Leif

« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2020, 21:02:01 »
Hi.
Thank you for your answer. For example, can I use some rags that are dipped in boiling water? I ask because it sounds a little scary to use boiling waterin the hull..in order for it to work what you say, must the hot water cover the bulge that is in the hull..the bulge is about 5 and 10mm high...Thats why I ask
if I can use rags that are dipped in boiling water.

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2020, 14:41:12 »
Hi
 In the kit is a length of 9mm x 9mm hardwood you spread glue or resin along the centre of the hull, place the strip in the centre and add weight to hold it all flat this gives the hull strength when you pick it up when sailing, this will also take the curve out of the hull,

Leif -Kaare Toennessen

« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2020, 18:40:12 »
Hi.
Thank you very much for the answer.
Will it be as shown here on the picture? And add glue from side to side to as it shown in the picture? And to use 2 component epoxy glue will be good