Linked Events

• Deans Open Days: 09 September 2011 - 11 September 2011

Author Topic: Deans Open Days 9-11th September 2011  (Read 6839 times)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Deans Open Days 9-11th September 2011
« on: 19 March 2011, 14:03:24 »
Deans Open Days 9-11th September 2011

Deans Marine is open to the Public.

You can see all the prototypes that were shown at the Nurrnburg toy fair.

There seems to be a rumour that the SHOWROOM days are for DEAN MARINE kit builders only.
We hope to see many of our products on display, and again meet some of our regular customers from home and abroad. The open days are open to any modeller of any craft that wishes to come, all are welcome to promote the hobby to members of the public and to pass on there knowledge and love of the hobby. There is NO charge for entry and any moneys raised from the event will go to local charities.

There is limited camping and caravanning in the paddock adjacent to the workshops but space must be booked
with us. priority will be given to trade and club stands.

Send a s.a.e. with 2 x 1st class stamps for full information of the event + location map + accommodation information

Refreshments will be available on site.

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Deans Open Days 9-11th September 2011
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2011, 13:51:14 »
tomorrow morning at 5am we will be making our way to the Open day...
with a stop off in chatham to visit the historic dockyard

see you all there on Saturday...

Offline Jeremy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2011, 17:55:09 »
Hi,

Just got back from the open day. Had a great day with the Lady of Wroxham on the pond. It was great to meet the guys from the Peterborough Model boat club. I gained a lot of useful tips especially from the guy with the Aerokits fireboat. Thanks to Ron and the few members of his team that were there. I think Ron was a little rushed of his feet!!!!! Still he managed to get an order for a Showgirl out of me. Will do a build report  once I get it. Unfortunately Ron wasn't able to get one ready for me to take home but very kindly agreed to cover the postage.

Thanks again for a great day. I hope the weather holds, if you are as lucky as I was today you should have a great day.

Offline Manxman1831

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2011, 18:55:05 »
A fun day.  I highly recommend going if you live within 2 hours driving distance.  I did.  Then took the missus to Wansford station for a late lunch, her treat for me dragging her out of bed at eight in the morning.  Thank you to the lady who looked out for her whilst I was in the workshop.  M.E. is definitely not a recommended illness.

Many thanks to Ron and Wayne for the parts I needed to replace a lost turret on my Cossack - she looked a little out of place next to his excellent Royal Oak (great model by the way).  Nicola liked the aircraft carrier and the selection of hulls for sale.  Think I might have her hooked on at least one idea.

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2011, 06:35:21 »
we are now back home safe and sound...

nice to have met up with a couple of you, and glad you enjoyed the weekend..  ^^^
« Last Edit: 12 September 2011, 06:36:19 by colin »

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2011, 18:00:11 »
Hello Colin,

thanks a lot for your friendly comment on our model. Do you have any pictures of the Open Days? Anke and me would appreciate it very much. :)

Kind regards

Anke & Arno

Offline colin

• Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2011, 18:16:32 »
sorry to say, i don't have any of the open days, i was talking to so many people and showing my Liz Terkol on the water, i forgot about my camera.

i do have a few photos of the Historic Dockyard at Chatham, well worth a visit..

if any one does have any photo's of the open days, then please send them in, and I'll put them into a Gallery..

send them to forum(at)deansmarine.co.uk

Offline rondean

• First Sea Lord
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2011, 16:01:00 »
Hi Modellers
 We are pleased everybody had a great time at our open days, we enjoyed your company and we have had many e-mails with many compliments, especially form our visitors from overseas, very impressed with the new friends that have made and the standard of the models on show.
 Like Colin never got time to get the camera out again ? but these are some that have been sent in
 If the Person that purchased an Bramble kit on Sunday would like to get in touch with us it would be very much appreciated
 Again thank you or attending and we look forward to seeing you again next year in the NEW shop and boat centre (planning office permitting )
 Regards
 Ron Dean

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Able Seaman
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2011, 18:46:48 »
An Album in the Gallery has been opened.... click here to see Open Days 2011