Author Topic: Oulton Lady  (Read 74097 times)

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
Re: Oulton Lady
« Reply #60 on: 29 June 2017, 07:17:00 »
In English:Hi to all of you. For a couple of days I have been trying to build the cabin but unfortunately I have forgotten the instruction book, so I slowly, slowly go ahead remembering how I did it the first time but now without confusing the deck levels. I planked the first cabin with mahogany and from there on the problems began. As soon as I will have completed a step I will post some pics so you might tell me if I am still doing wrong, at the same time I am preparing myself with words and writing to arrange the dockyard of the Pieter Boele. Regards from the Gargano

@Mimmo: Quando metti le foto, ti aiuteremo sicuramente - if you send the pics we will surely help you - Arno :)

Offline MimmoC

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #61 on: 29 June 2017, 10:26:30 »
Grazie Arno,
questa mattina ho pulito i pezzi con un detergente leggero, cosa che non ho fatto con la cabina precedente, qualcosa ho imparato in questo forum.
Domani mattina procedo con il resto ed incollo,purtroppo fa molto caldo ed il mattino,alba, è ideale.
Saluti

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 29 June 2017, 12:37:24 »
In English: Thank you Arno, this morning I have cleaned the pieces with a light detergent, a thing which I did not do with the first cabin, something I have learned from this forum. Tomorrow morning I will carry on with the rest and glue, unfortunately it is very hot and the morning, sunrise, is ideal. Regards

Offline MimmoC

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #63 on: 13 July 2017, 09:57:56 »
Un consiglio per favore.
Quale colla  consigliate della Dm.
Grazie
PS Il lavoro di assemblaggio con carta adesiva procede,appena ho la certezza che tutto può essere in ordine posto le foto

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 14 July 2017, 09:26:02 »
In English: Advice needed please. Which glue does DM recommend? Thanks. PS: The assembling work with adhesive card continues, as soon as I am sure that everything is right I will post some pics.

@Mimmo: Che cosa vuoi collare? Plastica della cabina o legno? Per la plastica uso una colla con solvente di Revell Contacta, per il resto epoxy.

What do you want to glue? Styrene or wood? For styrene I use a solvent glue by Revell Contacta, for the rest epoxy.

Offline MimmoC

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #65 on: 24 August 2017, 06:46:33 »
Buon giorno e ben ritrovati,io sono ancora al mare e con il fresco ho ripreso la costruzione.
In questo periodo ho montato la cabina(ho trovato una colla abbastanza buona) e a differenza della precedente mi trovo diversi problemi tipo:
 Il tetto non aderisce bene,al centro sembra ondulato
Le finestre a prua,come si vede in foto sono più grandi e non aderiscono alla struttura.

Il tetto e le finestre non sono ancora incollate quindi secondo voi dove ho sbagliato?
Grazie

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #66 on: 24 August 2017, 16:09:54 »
In English:

Good day and well recovered, I am still at the sea and with the cool I have resumed the construction.
During this time I mounted the cabin (I found a pretty good glue) and unlike the previous one I find several problems like:
 The roof does not adhere well, the center looks corrugated
The windows in the bow, as seen in the picture, are larger and do not adhere to the structure.

The roof and windows are not yet glued, so do you think I was wrong?
Thank you

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #67 on: 24 August 2017, 19:28:03 »
I do not know this kit but I think you would need to sand the parts until they fit to the cabin.

Non conosco questo kit ma mi sembra che devi carteggiare i pezzi fino a che aderiscono alla struttura.

Offline MimmoC

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #68 on: 02 September 2017, 15:22:46 »
Grazie Doc,
cercherò di farlo senza danni,. sono giorni che ci penso ma non ho il coraggio di procedere,penso che lo farò a metà mese quando sarò a Verona, sono ancora al mare.
Un saluto ed a risentirci

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #69 on: 03 September 2017, 21:27:39 »
In English

Thanks Doc,
I will try to do it without damages. are days that I think but I do not have the courage to proceed, I think I will do it in mid-month when I'm in Verona, I'm still at sea.
A greeting and resentment

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #70 on: 04 September 2017, 07:22:26 »
Ciao Mimmo,

sicuramente trovi il coraggio di procedere. Se fai un errore è abbastanza facile di produrre i pezzi di nuovo.

Buona fortuna

Arno

In English:Hi Mimmo, certainly you will find the courage to proceed. If you make an error it is quite easy to rebuild the bits. Good luck.

Offline MimmoC

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #71 on: 23 September 2017, 07:42:13 »
Con la Oulton sono momentaneamente fermo,devo decidere se colorare la cabina con vernice legno oppure foderarla con impiallaccio,magari se mi date un consiglio.
Purtroppo i materiali nuovi mi hanno messo in difficoltà,ma il tutto mi serve per imparare anche per non far danni il prossimo anno quando metterò in cantiere la Pieter Boele .-

« Last Edit: 23 September 2017, 07:46:02 by MimmoC »

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #72 on: 24 September 2017, 14:41:25 »
In english:
With the Oulton I'm momentarily stationary, I have to decide whether to paint the cabin with wood paint or lining it with veneer, maybe give me a tip.
Unfortunately, new materials have put me in trouble, but all I need to learn is not to do anything wrong next year when I'm going to set up Pieter Boele.

Offline MimmoC

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #73 on: 10 May 2018, 09:31:48 »
Rieccomi finalmente,
ho deciso di colorare il ponte come la Crete ,e ricolorare lo scafo,da rosso mattone e blu navy con bordo rosso.
A risentirci con la oulton colorata

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 11 May 2018, 07:47:10 »
In English: Here I am again, I decided to paint the bridge in the same way as I did with the Crete bulid, and to repaint the hull using red matte and Navy blue with a red line. You will hear from me agian with the painted Oulton build.