Author Topic: The Forum V instruction to build kits  (Read 3725 times)

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
The Forum V instruction to build kits
« on: 07 October 2013, 19:52:56 »
As we all are different in shape and size so its natural that we all look at problems in a different way.   Some have the ability to solve the problem and take longer others work it out very quickly and the end result is a model ship built and our enjoyment is complete.  So here ends the lesson. 
The instruction that are in the kit are very basic and they do make modelers the world over think and think again before cutting, they are there as a rough guide to the build.  If you follow them you will get a ship built.  They are meant as a guide, the forum here has a a depth of knowledge that is shared for all to see, think about and assist us in our build.   So if you do not get it correct the first time, then you see how some one else did it and then you try it and it works; satisfaction achieved.   We that have tried. seen and done; like to pass on the information for others to view.   We will see others who have resolved a problem better then we didand store this away for the next time.

I would recommend that before you build any of the models,  do some reseach, look for forums which may have built the same model use them to guide you in your project and then make a plan of how you are going to build it and in what order.   If you find you have a problem then post your question on here and I am sure you will get an answere from the forum.

Joe is a great example along with Colin and others on how to improve your skills.   I believe that this is what the forum does by the use of photos of the work members have done, with a written description of their build, I don't think it would be much fun if I just glued the bits to each other by numbers, most of us have moved on from them type of builds.