Author Topic: PBR Cannedheat  (Read 7117 times)

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
PBR Cannedheat
« on: 28 December 2015, 12:20:10 »
I bought a second hand kit of the PBR Cannedheat, it has been partially started as several parts has been cut out, but not assembled and the fittings kit is intact.
I will not use the RS380 motor set-up but go for a Brush Less solution with 2S Lipo. This will save weight but I'll also have to be careful not to overpower the model.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
Re: PBR Cannedheat
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2015, 13:58:02 »
I wouldn't worry too much about saving weight, I guarantee you will have to add ballast at the end of the build to get her down to the datum water line, I always try and have useful ballast, depending on how much ballast you need you may be able to get a higher capacity battery. ;)

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2015, 17:10:43 »
I will add some extra details and would also have the possibility to add more battery capacity, let's see what time brings  :smiley1:

I contacted Deans to see if there were an updated building instruction and I just got it and it's much better than the one I got with the kit  ^^^ (The age of the kit is unknown but I guess it's pre 2008)

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2016, 16:38:20 »
It's slow progress, work takes up too much of ones spare time  :wink1: and the fact that this is a partly started kit, so some things has been ruined and has to be redone but that is life when buying a partly started kit.

But rudder tube incl. supports, engine deck and supports has been added and the shaft and motor has been installed. I have chosen a Graupner BL 260Z 1380KV as this works very good on a 2S in my wife's Aero-Naut Classic approx same size.

Br
Carsten
« Last Edit: 23 January 2016, 16:40:41 by Carsten P »

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2016, 17:16:49 »
A bit more progres.

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2016, 15:07:22 »
Status as of today.

Will slowly start to work on it again.

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2017, 09:43:45 »
It has been some time since I updated this thread and some progress has been done.

Offline Carsten P

• Able Seaman
« Reply #7 on: 04 March 2018, 14:40:48 »
Well some parts has been painted, next step is the cabin.