Author Topic: Transmitters  (Read 6903 times)

HENRY

Transmitters
« on: 09 April 2016, 08:02:34 »
I am about ready to purchase a Transmitter/Receiver. All of the models I have looked at state "Model Type, Glider,Helecopter,Airplane,Car." None mention Boats, is this important

Offline ky391

• Able Seaman
Re: Transmitters
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2016, 21:37:10 »
Don't need anything fancy for a boat - some aircraft outfits need a degree in electronics to understand.

Offline radio joe

• JOE
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2016, 20:35:23 »
A simple two channel set is all you need for basic control of a boat, unless you want to do other things like have moving gun turrets or switch lights no/off etc. Whether it's sticks or wheel is your preference either will do the job.  ^^^

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2016, 05:19:34 »
my co writers are so right... it all depends on what you would like to do in/with your boat/ship..

but to answer the question... NO there is no Transmitters dedicated to Boats..
but..  spectrum was at one stage working on something like that..!
and there was or is a firm in Germany that would like to bring out a Transmitter just for boats..

those "Model Types" are just examples of Programing in Computer aided Transmitters, for example the "V" mixer in the Airplane program can be used to mix two motors so you have control like the P94 from Action.. Tank steering and the likes of..
it all comes down to, what would the individual like..  the options are endless, so as the amount of channels to control ..   ::DD