General Discussion > General Discussion

HMS Curacoa

(1/11) > >>

Horatio123:
I am looking to build a model of the cruiser HMS Curacoa of WW2 , I am thinking of purchasing the hull from Deans but wondered if anybody has any idea where I can obtain a set of plans from ?

minerva:
As The NMM have priced themselves out of the market now.
Id try on the internet. I recently acquired the plans for an Assurance class
armed  Admiralty rescue tug for a very good price. It was in 1/48 scale and as I always
model in 1/96. I took it to my local copy centre and they scaled it to 1/96 for me.
I also did the same for an Aberdovey class fleet tender.
The NMM seem to have opted for the decorative market, selling plans for framing.
Which is a great shame.

Horatio123:
Thanks for your reply I had ruled the NMM out too , friend of mine had to take out a second mortgage for a set of cruiser plans !!!!!!
I have sent a message to the Great Britain Trust who hold the MacGregor plans collection but not had a reply yet , I know they have Norman Ough's plans for Curacoa in the collection ,
Will try the Internet when I come back off my holidays .
Thanks for your help much appreciated .

Horatio123:
Good news the Great Britain trust can supply the plans on CD at 1/16 scale very modest cost about £15/£20 .

minerva:
That's great news for builders assuming that other plans are also available via this route.
Makes up for the NMM putting their plans out of economic reach of model makers.
Perhaps you could give us all the contact details of how to go about this please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version