Author Topic: Maersk Anglia  (Read 136276 times)

Offline Dennis

• Captain
Re: Maersk Anglia
« Reply #165 on: 12 March 2018, 22:41:35 »
Started to work on the last of the fittings. Working on the life boats had them built and ready for primer when looking at some photos of the original ship I notice it had open life boats instead of the newer style the kit came with. So I decided to go with the open style. Think they turned out ok.

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #166 on: 26 March 2018, 01:17:02 »
After about 5 years I have finally finished my version of the MA. I wanted to see how it would sit in the water after finishing the last of the fittings. The wind was blowing way to hard to go to the local pond so I made a make shift test tank. Without any weight added it sits perfect from port to starboard but was little down in the bow by about 3mm. So I added weight to one of the trailers that will sit on her deck to compensate for that. Cant wait to get it out on open water.

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #167 on: 26 March 2018, 02:21:52 »
These are the pics of my finished MA. I left out the swimming pool on the upper deck because in all of the photos when it was the MA it had been removed. Thank you Deans for another great kit!!! On To my next build the Maersk Trein.

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #168 on: 26 March 2018, 02:23:52 »
More pics.... ::DD

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #169 on: 26 March 2018, 02:25:37 »
Last of the pics... :smiley1:

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #170 on: 26 March 2018, 08:44:53 »
Hi Dennis,
another impressive and great build from you - congratulations!!!! I like the lighting and all those fine details. Building the Maersk Trein next you will need a bigger test tank ;D ;D
Please send us some pics of the maiden voyage of the Maersk Anglia later! Good luck, but I am quite sure it will be a success!
Regards
Arno

Offline Dennis

• Captain
« Reply #171 on: 27 March 2018, 17:52:14 »
Hey Arno, great to hear from you. Thank you for the kind words. A larger test tank for the Trein in an under statement. This thing is big!!! ::DD

Offline swiftdoc

• Captain
« Reply #172 on: 27 March 2018, 18:41:17 »
I would not be able to transport the Trein in my car (Alfa Romeo Giulietta) :-\ She is a huge but nice model. Please keep on posting some pics of the build on the forum later :)