Author Topic: Deans Marine S.S. Hudson River for sale, complete  (Read 4895 times)

mark hankins

Deans Marine S.S. Hudson River for sale, complete
« on: 16 September 2010, 15:54:55 »
We are looking to sell a model which we beliieve is a Deans Marine kit.  The boat is the S.S Hudson River and is 1:96 scale, in total, the length is 1.09 metres.  Everything seems to be with this boat, including a solid wooden carrying case to protect it, which is hand-made we believe.

We have no idea how old this is as we have just come into posession of it, so if anyone knows any more about it we would be interested to find out more.

It is complete with a Futaba attack 2DR transmitter (sorry if this is the wrong terminology, whilst I know a bit about electronics, I know little about RC models but can find out almost anything you want if you need to ask anything.)

The boat appears to be complete and working.  I powered it up before, it uses 4 x AA batteries, which I presume are to power the servos, and also has what looks to me like a sealed cell Lead Acid? battery for the main motor.  I haven't taken any of the batteries out to confirm that they are 6V (or to look at the power rating) as I don't want to damage anything.

It also has a charger for the main battery, which works too as I charged the main battery to check it works.

Haven't had it in water, but all looks watertight.  It obviously hasn't been used in years judging by the amount of dust we had to blow off it to get it out of the box.

It is now located in the North-East of England if anyone would like to make us a (sensible) offer for it...we have done some research, so we have an idea what they go for, so no time-wasters please!

Anyone interested in this, then please get in touch with me at markhankins1982 (at) gmail (dot) (com) and we can discuss it further, or you can come and view it if interested.

Many thanks,

Mark

Jim

Re: Deans Marine S.S. Hudson River for sale, complete
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2013, 01:49:38 »
Hi,
I know this is probably a stupid question but can you get a price to ship to Australia and let me know, you can email direct on busmad(at)aapt(dot)net(dot)au
Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Jim
« Last Edit: 16 July 2013, 11:17:47 by colin »