Author Topic: Museum ships Gallery  (Read 8796 times)

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Museum ships Gallery
« on: 30 November 2015, 12:32:47 »
i have seen that troy has uploaded a photo into the Gallery... with the coment listed below..
so fellow modelers, which would you like to see first..
i have been on HMS Cavalier and HMS Gannet my self and have a couple of photo's, but that does not mean that i would not like to see more..  ;D  ::DD

Dear all
This is a list of Museum Ships that I have been lucky enough to visit (and that I have photos of)
I list them in order of visit - which goes back to my childhood
Please let me know which ones are of interest and I can use that to prioritise which photos I upload first
If there is no response shall I just pick a ship at random?
HMS Victory, Cutty Sark, HMS Belfast, HMS Alliance, HMS Cavalier, HMS Holland 1, HMS Plymouth, HMS Warrior, SS Shieldhall, USS Texas, USS Stewart (DE), USS Cavalla (Gato), HMS Onyx, U534, HMS Gannett, HMS Ocelot, HMY Britannia, USS Pampanito (Balao), SS Jeremiah O'Brien, USS Hornet, USS Dolphin, B39 Soviet Foxtrot class, Star of India, USS Midway, RMS Queen Mary, USS Intrepid, USS Growler (Grayback), USS Nautilus, USS Massachusetts, USS J P Kennedy, USS Lionfish (Balao), Hiddensee, Mayflower II (replica), USS Constitution, USS Cassin Young, HMAS Vampire, HMAS Onslow, HMB Endeavour, (replica), Golden Hind (replica), HMS Trincomalee, PPS Wingfield Castle, Cap San Diego, "U-434" Soviet Tango class, USS New Jersey, USS Olympia, USS Becuna (Balao), USS Torsk (Tench), Lightship Chesapeake, USCG Taney, USS Constellation, USS Wisconsin, VOC Amsterdam (replica), HQS Wellington, HMS President

Offline minerva

• Captain
Re: Museum ships Gallery
« Reply #1 on: 30 November 2015, 14:59:46 »
I would say that Belfast and Cavalier are well represented on their own websites with
virtual tours, plus the many publications out there and on line. Other than that, I'd say any of the
those on the list.

Offline Troy Tempest

• Building HMS Zulu since 1987
  • Lt-Commander
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2015, 15:32:44 »
Thanks both
In that case I propose starting with the ships in the US as they might be less familiar to our UK based members than the ships which we are so lucky to have over here
Thanks for the comments and for bringing it to notice Colin
I will post some soon

Offline Troy Tempest

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2015, 09:34:23 »
Dear all
On reflection I have started with HMAS Vampire (and as a bonus HMAS Onslow alongside) both in Sydney as part of the Australian National Maritime Museum as I thought a Daring would be of interest to many Deans Modellers
She is preserved in immaculate condition
The photos are now in the Museum Ships Gallery
Pictures taken in 2012
Enjoy!

Offline Troy Tempest

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2015, 09:05:25 »
Dear all
For the second tour I have posted photos of the USS Olympia C-6 one of the more beautiful museum ships (IMHO) along with pictures of the Balao Class Guppy conversion submarine the USS Becuna, both currently afloat in Philadelphia, PA, USA.
Photos taken in the Spring of 2014
"You may fire when ready Mr Gridley"

Offline colin

• Building HMS Enchantress
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2015, 19:31:51 »
Beautiful ship that USS Olympia ^^^

Offline paul swainson

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2015, 20:17:16 »
Would you have any photos of HMS Undaunted 1886.  I found a family member who was serving on her in 1901.

Offline Troy Tempest

• Lt-Commander
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2015, 11:06:22 »
Hello Paul,
Sorry no I'm afraid not I only have pics of ships I have served on, Replenished or visited
Good luck in your search